Fidelity Go?

Alex The Great

Recycles dryer sheets
I have a question about Fidelity Go. This is an automatic investment engine powered by Fidelity which can hold taxable, traditional/rollover or Roth IRA money. It seems they buy and sell zero cost Flex mutual funds according to market conditions and charge 0.35% fee for balances above $25K. Did anyone use it? Worth to consider for tIRA or Roth IRA?

OK let me rephrase the question. Does it provide any additional value for experienced investor with established portfolio who is definitely familiar with basics?

I had never heard of it before, and just looked at it.

The question is - do you want "someone else" to choose your AA based upon a answering questions to determine your, ahem, needs, rebalance for you, to keep your AA steady.

(Also, I did not see that the robo would be buying individual bonds, in lieu of a bond fund.)

Since they (allegedly) don't charge you below 25k, you could open an account for $100 and see how they do with it . . .

Just had my kid setup a Roth IRA at Fidelity & he asked about Go.

Told him to skip it.

Thanks for all feedback. MarieIG, yes I will try to set it up for a small amount of money and see how it works. BTW Schwab has something similar but free of charge for quite some time (Intelligent Portfolio) but no support for IRA is a no-go for me.

Thanks for all feedback. MarieIG, yes I will try to set it up for a small amount of money and see how it works. BTW Schwab has something similar but free of charge for quite some time (Intelligent Portfolio) but no support for IRA is a no-go for me.

I would think Fido Go and Schwab both account will be for IRA's. Schwab Intelligent Portfolios offers three types of IRAs: traditional, Roth and rollover.

Back
Top Bottom