Finding "Value" in your purchases

justin said:
Lasik eye surgery.

DH would totally agree with you - says its the best money he ever spent.

stw said:
I'll second that. Hands down, the most "spendthrift" items around our house, about which I have no remorse and which provide continual enjoyment are art objects (or similar).

Yay! Somebody who thinks like I do. Art inspires us. It enriches life. And, it doesn't wear out or become obsolete. Also, as you mentioned, art can be purchased at prices appropriate to any budget - - even a LBYM budget. You just have to look longer for what you want (and that's a great pastime in itself).

The laptop I'm using right now & the trip to Israel last year that I bought it for :D

Fractional interest in a beautiful vacation condo. Regular time there is absolutely wonderful.

About 18 months ago DH and I bought my neighbor's 92 miata. It is our 3rd car, and for a mom of twins, totally impractical and unnecessary. I drive it to w*rk, and when running errands on weekends. Living in florida, the top is down most of the time. Sure beats driving the Honda van when I have to carpool :LOL:

BTW, we got it for $1,200, and it has only needed routine maintenance. With 125,000 miles, I expect to have it for years.

Justin:
Lasik eye surgery.
Shiny:
DH would totally agree with you - says its the best money he ever spent.
I think this idea is just great. Thing is, I'm really scared to have anyone 'mess' with my eyes. I never could put contacts in... and I had a mole removed once from an eyelid, and I thought I was gonna jump out of that chair. The doc came at me with this looooong needle and I about fainted. I could have easily used a tranquilizer! Sigh...

Warhog
The laptop I'm using right now & the trip to Israel last year that I bought it for

How did you like Isreal? Where did you go? Did you feel safe? Did you visit family or go on a tour? What would you recommend? I would love to go, but... terrorists? what do you think? (This from a world traveler... :LOL:)

Thanks!

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Billy said:
How did you like Isreal? Where did you go? Did you feel safe? Did you visit family or go on a tour? What would you recommend? I would love to go, but... terrorists? what do you think? (This from a world traveler... :LOL:)

I'm not Warhog, but I've been to Israel on a business trip. Landed at the airport, stayed at a hotel in Tel Aviv, and worked at a little town nearby. I left the same day the US Congress authorized the President to use force in Iraq.

I really liked the Israeli people and their food. I felt reasonably safe after talking with a bunch of people - basically if you avoided the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, as well as nightclubs and public buses at that time you were OK.

2Cor521

Thanks, 2Cor.

I imagine for the most part, using one's common sense and getting local information really helps.

I dislike having Fear run any part of my life, but from time to time it does. I would love to see some of the holy places in Isreal... maybe some day.

Thanks again.

Be well,
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Back
Top Bottom