First day of ER tomorrow!

mschipa

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello everyone,

Short time lurker here, joined in October, 2013. Well, today is my last day of employment. I worked at a major electronics company for the past 32 years ending as an engineering director. While I initially wanted to wait until next January when I would be 54, the company was offering ER packages that were too good to pass up. Like I said, too good to pass up. I've worked for this day for a long time having got my first job at 8 and never having gone more than two months without another job. 45 years and tomorrow morning I have to be nowhere and I have to meet with no one. Now I just have to find things to do with my time! This is going to be great!

MS

Hello everyone,

Short time lurker here, joined in October, 2013. Well, today is my last day of employment. I worked at a major electronics company for the past 32 years ending as an engineering director. While I initially wanted to wait until next January when I would be 54, the company was offering ER packages that were too good to pass up. Like I said, too good to pass up. I've worked for this day for a long time having got my first job at 8 and never having gone more than two months without another job. 45 years and tomorrow morning I have to be nowhere and I have to meet with no one. Now I just have to find things to do with my time! This is going to be great!

MS
Congrats on RE! You deserve it after all of those years of solid work. You probably contributed a lot to your 401k Plus Plan to make this possible, so I'll mention a small advantage, in case you haven't heard of it. You can get access to your 401k funds at 55 instead of 59.5 if you leave them at, I'm guessing, Fidelity. The "gotcha" is you'd need to get a job in the year you turn 55, transfer the funds to the current employer 401k, then quit, hehe. But anyway, I hope you enjoy the decompression phase. I'm looking forward to mine soon.

Congrats on one of life's major milestones, and welcome to ER.org. Tomorrow of the first day of the rest of your life as they say...

Congrats! Better change your profile's retirement year then!

Welcome and a hearty congratulations. I'm grinning from ear to ear, living vicariously through you for the moment ! :D

Congrats and don't forget to unplug the alarm clock!

When my time comes in a few years I plan to smash the alarm clock with a hammer....or run over it with my car.....or both!

Did I mention I'm not a morning person? :LOL:

TIME TO PARTAY!! WOO HOO!!:dance::dance::dance:

BoogieWonderland.600.jpg

BIG CONGRATS!!

Back
Top Bottom