Found another picture of JG

Cool Dood

Full time employment: Posting here.
(Or, apply to a poster of your choice...)

albanian.jpg

I dont know...there are few posters here that "retired early" while their wives are still out there slaving away.....::)

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:
I dont know...there are few posters here that "retired early" while their wives are still out their slaving away.....::)

They will probably tell you that their wives are working beause they want to work, or at least pay their part of the deal. To each their own. If it works for them and they are happy, good luck. My wife doesn't work, so when I fully retire I won't have that extra income stream to help pay the expenses, but I can see where a working wife (especially one with health insurance benefits) helps minimize the risk associated with ER.

Heck, maybe the lady in the picture wanted to carry the load. Or maybe he carried the load for the past 5 miles and she is carrying it for the last 100 feet.

Cool Dood said:
(Or, apply to a poster of your choice...)

albanian.jpg

I really like the anonymous nature of these boards.  And the fact that DW doesn't read this one.  I can laugh at this 'til my sides ache without getting kicked in the a**!  Hee hee.......  damn this is funny!   :LOL:

retire@40 said:
Heck, maybe the lady in the picture wanted to carry the load. Or maybe he carried the load for the past 5 miles and she is carrying it for the last 100 feet.

Right, he needed a smoke break and she lovingly voluntaried to carry the load until he finishes the rest of the pack (which he's been smoking for the last hour). :D

I would like to express my sincere apologies to any women I offended by laughing at the picture in my previous post.  And, DW, you are the apple of my eye and I only laughed and said the things I did because I was testing to see if you read this board and knew the acronym I was using.  You know I would never let you carry the load.  I love ya baby!  You know I do!  Please forgive me!

retire@40 said:
They will probably tell you that their wives are working beause they want to work, or at least pay their part of the deal.  To each their own.  If it works for them and they are happy, good luck.
Hey, my spouse is doing it for free. Well, she is getting paid to go to Bangkok. But she paid plenty for the privilege of being allowed to beg for the duty...

No way am I showing her this picture.

But I bet it'd start one heckuva retirement discussion!

youbet said:
I really like the anonymous nature of these boards. And the fact that DW doesn't read this one. I can laugh at this 'til my sides ache without getting kicked in the a**! Hee hee....... damn this is funny! :LOL:
This one had me laughing out loud. I even showed it to my still working DW who got a good chuckle out of it -- or seemed to :confused:.

I have a good pension, good savings, and family health benefits. She has a big income, good savings and wants to work a few more years. Works for me.

Nords said:
Hey, my spouse is doing it for free. 

Uh........ We know what you mean. But consider all the double meanings before you push the "post" key!

Yeah, there was a whole buttload of stuff there between doing it for free and getting paid to go to bangkok, but Nords is a good guy, so I cut him a little slack... ;)

I'd imagine an awareness of double meanings has rubbed off on him, I mean, he spent most of his life dealing with seamen.

Back
Top Bottom