From Edward Jones to TSP

Pepper_cat

Confused about dryer sheets
I made some comments in seeking advice on other threads and have received some good information but decided it would be best to break this out into a separate thread.

I am planning my move away from Edward Jones and would prefer to do it without dealing with them or having them try to stonewall me if possible.

I would like to move my funds into My TSP. I currently have the following accounts at ED Jones.
Trad IRA - Guided Solutions Flex Fund
Roth IRA - Guided Solutions Flex Fund

Since TSP has Trad and Roth now can I do a direct rollover of these funds into my TSP?

Has anyone else done this scenario that can offer advice on best way to approach this?

Unfortunately since TSP does not accept electronic transfers (I asked them a few weeks ago)...i will have to get ED Jones to write checks for each account accompanied by TSP-60 to mail to TSP.

Thanks in advance

Not a TSP expert but other brokerages have forms that you fill out and are sent to the dear departed with transfer instructions. You never have to deal with the former broker. Maybe if you're lucky TSP also has such a form specifying transfer by check.

Some years ago I transferred some outside IRA$ into the TSP, it was a paper shuffle but worked out. While it is not convenient it is worth doing, just be patient with the process.

Back
Top Bottom