Frontier All-You-Can-Fly

For all you travel masochists out there:

https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/gowild-pass/

All you can fly (on Frontier) for $499.

Interesting. I think I flew with Frontier one time many years ago and didn't have a good experience. This offer does not appeal to me at this stage of my life, as my travel preferences have evolved from "always buy the cheapest possible ticket" to "BTD on higher end travel experiences". I would rather spend more money to fly in comfort than buy a travel pass on a "bargain basement" airline that is popular solely for their dirt cheap fares.

The Grayhound Bus of the air. Jerry Springer show with wings.

+1

Same goes for Spirit Airlines. Both strike me as the "Dollar Tree" of the skies.

We used to live in Denver so Frontier provided lots of route options for us, but they also were the “low cost“ carrier which seemed to attract folks who select cost over other factors and a lot of times it’s families with kids. Our last flight from Denver to FT Meyers was probably half kids most under five. Flight from hell. :LOL:

There are many gotcha's with it. However, if you're very flexible, it could work out for you.

Also, it was $399 up until recently.

Last edited:
Just this morning we priced flights out of Denver. Frontier's base price was less than United, but by the time we added bags (xtra charge for carry on, 40 lbs vs 50lbs on other airlines), and all the fees, it was quite a bit more.

Want to talk to an agent? Extra fee. Have trouble during the trip, no phone agents.

As others said, Frontier is a big step down from other airlines. I used to fly them for the economy. But to pay extra and get cruddy service? No thanks.

Just saw an article on Bloomberg this morning about the "best and worst airlines in the U.S.", based on a large survey of airline passengers. Frontier was rated the worst in the "economy / basic economy" class.

We happen to be flying on Frontier a week from Monday...only because it's a quick/short trip, planned on short notice, flying out of local/regional airport about 20 minutes from home that has cheap parking and the price was cheap - round trip airfare = 28 cents. See the attachment for total price...that's for two adults round trip NJ/FL no additional fees for bags/seats/etc.

Since it's just for a few days, we're each only going to take a personal item that fits under the seat. I've done it before on Frontier a couple years ago and it wasn't awful.

Attachments

• f9.jpg
    f9.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 42
We happen to be flying on Frontier a week from Monday...only because it's a quick/short trip, planned on short notice, flying out of local/regional airport about 20 minutes from home that has cheap parking and the price was cheap - round trip airfare = 28 cents. See the attachment for total price...that's for two adults round trip NJ/FL no additional fees for bags/seats/etc.

Since it's just for a few days, we're each only going to take a personal item that fits under the seat. I've done it before on Frontier a couple years ago and it wasn't awful.

So, apparently the "carrier interface charges" are not airfare. But of course they are. One wonders if there are different accounting procedures followed for the different categories. Hmmm?

These el-chepo airlines occasionally have their use. In 2020, I ordered/purchased a car in the Maryland area (I live in NC), because it was nearly $1000 cheaper than the dealers around here. I flew up to BWI on a Spirit airlines flight, for $26, got a $10 Uber from the airport to the dealer, and then drove my car home (6hrs, $15 in gas). It was about an hour flight, so I figured I could put up with nearly anything for an hour, plus I had no luggage/carry-on.

So, apparently the "carrier interface charges" are not airfare. But of course they are. One wonders if there are different accounting procedures followed for the different categories. Hmmm?

Exactly.

I think that this is also the way they are going to price the airfares with this All You Can Fly promotion. Sure, the airfare is a penny, but you still pay taxes+fees+charges...which they can still make whatever they want on their portion.

For each flight, you'll pay $0.01 in airfare plus applicable taxes, fees, and charges at the time of booking.

These el-chepo airlines occasionally have their use. In 2020, I ordered/purchased a car in the Maryland area (I live in NC), because it was nearly $1000 cheaper than the dealers around here. I flew up to BWI on a Spirit airlines flight, for $26, got a $10 Uber from the airport to the dealer, and then drove my car home (6hrs, $15 in gas). It was about an hour flight, so I figured I could put up with nearly anything for an hour, plus I had no luggage/carry-on.

Same here though I put my kid on a Frontier flight up to PA to pick up a leased Toyota.

For those who don't know down here in the southeast Toyota dealers have to purchase through a distributor who adds on all sorts of **** charges.

No offense to people who choose to fly with cheapo airlines like Frontier or Spirits, but I wouldn't fly with them even if they pay me. At their price point, they seem to attract a more, shall we say, rowdy demographic of clientele, and I'd rather pay more to not have to fly with that crowd.

Last edited:
In 1981 my husband and I started dating. This was after I started medical school in Los Angeles while he was in college in San Francisco. In 1982 a discount airline called Pacific Express started operations with many flights between SF and LA. They sold a book of 10 tickets for $290. DH and I used every one of those tickets before the airline went bankrupt early in 1984, two months before I finished my classes and three months before our wedding. Not having to price out airfare each time was very nice.

In 1981 my husband and I started dating. This was after I started medical school in Los Angeles while he was in college in San Francisco. In 1982 a discount airline called Pacific Express started operations with many flights between SF and LA. They sold a book of 10 tickets for $290. DH and I used every one of those tickets before the airline went bankrupt early in 1984, two months before I finished my classes and three months before our wedding. Not having to price out airfare each time was very nice.

Nice story!

Back
Top Bottom