Full time RVing as a single ER?

Some fugitives have been successful in obtaining fake IDs, but do we know how that's done?

The age of technology has made this happen!

Yes, come to Houston and bring $200 in cash. You can buy a valid SS card, DL, Green Card, state ID. It's done all the time here. This town is full of people who are someone else. And some even collecting SS disability checks (and renewing DL'S).

Ah. Then, armed with the new identity, our new full-time RV'er next heads towards Livingston, TX, a place well-known for RV'er to establish domicile for tax and legal purposes.

He can then head to NM, CO, or AZ where there's a lot of state and federal land for cheap camping. Most of TX is private land. Hard to find a place to camp without someone approaching you with a double-barrel, hopefully loaded with rock salt.

Ah. Then, armed with the new identity, our new full-time RV'er next heads towards Livingston, TX, a place well-known for RV'er to establish domicile for tax and legal purposes.

He can then head to NM, CO, or AZ where there's a lot of state and federal land for cheap camping. Most of TX is private land. Hard to find a place to camp without someone approaching you with a double-barrel, hopefully loaded with rock salt.
Hard to imagine that anyone would ruin their barrel with salt, not to imagine inviting the intruder to shoot them with good old fashioned lead.

Your fugitive had better just head for a cheap hotel in Houston after he gets his documentaion.

Ha

Back to the OP's question - this summer we were at an RV rally with other folks who own the same make of RV and there were 3 women who were full-time solo RVers (out of about 50 coaches). I would say one was in her late 50s/early 60s and the other two late 60s/early 70s.

I think the important question that some of the other posters raise is to know what type and frequency of social interaction you would like and then figure out options for finding that while on the road.

We spent a year cruising the Bahamas on a sailboat. That community is very similar to the RV community. In fact many cruisers are also RVers.

Most boats had husband/wife crews or family crews (that was us). But there were some single solo sailors out there. All were male except for two. One of those was a female marine biologist who got paid to live on her boat and follow and track certain marine wildlife. She was about 40 and having the time of her life.

The single men had to really be extroverts and make concerted efforts to build relationships with all the married/family cruisers. Many of them did do that and some became friends of ours. But, if one was an introvert it would have been a constant social challenge. I assume with RVing, a similar dynamic will exist.

NW-Bound, I can help with any questions about foreigners purchasing vehicles in the UK and Europe. Lots of American ralliers buy cars over there for the summer rallies (like the one we did) and it isn't too terribly difficult to get the registration sorted. Just need an address to use in the UK or whatever to put it in your name. Easy. The insurance isn't too bad either, if you have a car or conventional RV. Don't ask how hard it is to get insurance for a school bus, though! Let me know if you want to explore it further. Those adorable VW campervans are very compelling, that's for sure! Also, while expensive, shipping your RV to Europe for the summer is actually pretty common, and our local port does a banner business shopping them there and back.

Thanks!

I am not ready for this yet (health problem) but searched the Web and recalled that having an acceptable address there was the problem. About shipping the RV, yes I have seen people doing that, but I would need to get a smaller one for the roads there.

I will keep your advice in mind when the time comes to do this. Need to work on selling DW on this idea first. :)

Back
Top Bottom