Gap insurance more than I ever wanted to know

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I guess I am lucky as my old firm provides a company that helps you choose the type of insurance to buy when you turn 65. It also kicks in a couple hundred each year. As important as it is I still hate this kind of stuff. Part A, B, D its enough to make your head spin. I wasn’t looking forward to the call yesterday.

1 hour and 45 minutes later I had a gap plan, a prescription drug plan and a dental plan. Lots of “I need to play and you to listen to this disclaimer.” Did i make a good choices? I hope so but one really never knows.

I did learn that one of the drugs i take will get a little costly each year around September. The ‘donut hole’ phenomenon then there’s the catastrophic limit ...Sweet Moses i hate it all.

I have to wonder how did healthcare get so screwed up.

Congrats for getting the job done. I remember that feeling. I retired from a megacorp that dealt with health insurance, and I was totally out of my league when signing DH up for Medicare. That said, had it not been for Medicare, I wouldn't have retired. Getting him to 65 and on Medicare was a HUGE piece of our retirement plan.

And, while selecting what plans you wanted was a pain, I must say that the 11 months he's been on it were far less annoying than having him on my megacorp family plan. We went with a Plan G and to date nothing has been denied and we only have to pay the reasonable premium and the $185 deductible each year. It is a dream when compared to experiences with UHC.

It is shocking how little the docs get paid for their Medicare patients. DH had a urology procedure last month, and the doctor bill was $18,000. He got a paid $2,000 after all the Medicare write-offs. Absolutely unbelievable.

Anyway, enjoy Medicare. I hope your experiences are as good as ours have been.

We went with a Plan G and to date nothing has been denied and we only have to pay the reasonable premium and the $185 deductible each year. It is a dream when compared to experiences with UHC.

Anyway, enjoy Medicare. I hope your experiences are as good as ours have been.

I have the same plan same carrier - so good to hear

Back
Top Bottom