George Jetson Was/Is Born Today?

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I wonder who the Mom is? We should have flying cars any day!

Jeez I’m old…ruh roh, Reorge!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/t...ill-supposedly-be-born-on-july-31/ar-AA108LZo

the-jetsons.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering how many babies named George will be born today?

Ah. My parents did not let me watch that show. Too racy. I’m guessing it was Jane’s short skirt. Later, when I did watch, I couldn’t figure out what they were worried about. Eventually I decided it must have been Jane’s skirt.

I remember watching that many years ago. Not too excited about George's birth date, though. I saw that mentioned on CBS Sunday Morning earlier today.

I wonder who the Mom is? We should have flying cars any day!

Yep, I kept reading about all those flying cars in elementary school in the 1950's that we were going to have by now. I'm still waiting.

Yep, I kept reading about all those flying cars in elementary school in the 1950's that we were going to have by now. I'm still waiting.

I believe Thelma and Louise had a flying car quite some time ago.

Me, too. "Parade Magazine" (included in the Sunday newspaper) often seemed to have fascinating fluff articles about our future with flying cars. Oh well!

And, my brother George was named after George Washington, as were many other George's I'm sure. Not George Jetson! :2funny:

I saw this on another forum yesterday. Back then 7/31/2022 was like Flash Gordon dates!

IIRC, Jane was only 18 when they married...I thought we married young @ 22.

I never got a chance to watch it. I did see some reruns and such so I never was into it and never had much of a connection with the story lines or show.

So I saw a MSM article that cited a fan twitter post that 7/31/22 was the date but it also said no clues to the exact date were ever given in the show. Does anyone know if there is any support for 7/31 beyond one fan's claims? 2022 has a little more support from memory but is not certain.

The Jetsons was my favorite cartoon growing up in the 60s. I was so intrigued by flying cars and instant food machines. Where they pushed a couple of buttons and out popped a fully cooked meal. I still remember thinking the year 2000 was so far into the future. Always liked the old man (Henry) who was the building superintendent of where the Jetsons lived.

The Jetsons was my favorite cartoon growing up in the 60s. I was so intrigued by flying cars and instant food machines. Where they pushed a couple of buttons and out popped a fully cooked meal. I still remember thinking the year 2000 was so far into the future. Always liked the old man (Henry) who was the building superintendent of where the Jetsons lived.
I was an Astro fan…

george_jetson_s_treadmill_dilemma_by_zacharynoah92-db8ep7a.png

Last edited:
I think I have seen flying cars being presented about every decade or so.

Seems one early one with something like a vw beetle with bolt on aluminum wings and a pusher propeller.

some were fabric wings, and lately plastic wings and fuselages.

Problem is they are all ultralights that you have to fly at 4am when there is no wind and they crash enough that the promotors die, get hurt, or go out of business.

Last one i saw recently was essentially a 4 propeller electric drone that had a cockpit. You just flew it low on roads. I wonder how they do when there is enough wind that RVs are swaying on the road or flags are flapping?

It would be fun to have one though, especially if they would go 400 mph safely, need no special license and flight plan!

Last edited:

GUEST_992d42f0-0352-4a15-94cf-c896860f866e

Back
Top Bottom