The Fab Four Faked Autographs

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Say it ain't so ...

This may be old news. But first time I heard of is today. Autographs were faked by each other of the band. Sounds like something The Beatles would've done in those days.

For good intentions to meet fan demand, so the story goes and not as a prank.

The Beatles memorabilia reportedly valued at 'millions of pounds' might see its prices slashed after it was revealed that the band members used to fake each other's signatures, according to The Sun.
Jools Holland has a record from the Fab Four, and he revealed it was covered in autographs from the stars which were, in fact, all written by guitarist George Harrison.
The musical legend and TV presenter, 63, said on the Jools and Jim’s Joyride podcast: 'George Harrison gave me a Beatles record all signed entirely by him

'He said that when they started, they’d have to sign thousands of autographs for the Beatlemania fans so they’d all practice and know how to do each other’s.'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/new...-cut-after-stars-faked-autographs/ar-BB1efqwA

It’s not just the Fab Four. I know of other “celebrities” and sports figures that have had others sign their names. In fact, I would think that knowing that one Beatle had signed everything on an album and having the backstory would make that album rather valuable to some.

Don't know if things have changed since back then. But wasn't that common practice to have someone do thing autograph signing for celebs for mail in fan requests?

Don't know if things have changed since back then. But wasn't that common practice to have someone do thing autograph signing for celebs for mail in fan requests?

I have a couple of friends who, when younger, were assistants to a few celebrities and that was part of their work duties.

The musical legend and TV presenter, 63, said on the Jools and Jim’s Joyride podcast: 'George Harrison gave me a Beatles record all signed entirely by him
Now that is a record that should really be worth some big bucks to a serious collector.

Back
Top Bottom