Getting A Paper Paper?

Getting A Paper Paper?

• Yes

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 47.2%

• Total voters
We had been getting the Washington Post daily, because one of my roommates proclaimed to be an avid reader. However, once those papers started piling up, un-read, and my ferrets couldn't **** enough to keep up with the influx of shredded paper we were accumulating, I switched to Sunday only, so we'd still get the sale papers.

There's also a local paper that they throw in your yard once a week whether you want it or not. Half the time it just sits out there and tips off the burglars that nobody's home! ::)

We get the daily local. Don't care much for their politics, but I like the word games, restaurant and cultural reviews, and Wednesday food articles and store circulars. And the Spoleto Festival event reviews, in season. Also, I'd feel kinda bad if I didn't support local journalists, some of whom probably write stories for national papers/AP occasionally.

Couldn't live without the morning paper. My mom worked nights as a nurse, and did the crossword every morning to come down from her shift, while we had breakfast before school. Learned to read that way, starting with the funnies and moving on to Ann Landers, who taught me a lot of etiquette and things like keeping it in my pants. Now I get enough coupons every week to make getting the paper free ($3.20/wk.) Am very anal about the garbage, so potato peelings, watermelon rinds, coffee rinds, cat litter, etc., all get wrapped up (in case I have to dig through it all for a missing receipt, etc.). Also need kindling starter for my wood stove insert, and am a very sloppy painter, so am always taping off sections with newsprint so they don't get splattered. Sunday paper also includes a free T.V. guide for the week. The paper isn't and option for me---it's a necessity.

Tried cutting the daily delivery to just weekends then I heard a CONtractor I knew of was in the police blogs.... restarted daily delivery the next day.

Get the national piece on the web; but can't beat the local paper for the real local scoop.

Sailor, that reader does look pretty cool. Thanks for the link!

Back
Top Bottom