Getting fed up with work, thinking about early retirement

DavidD5er

Dryer sheet wannabe
Hi everyone - I've just joined after taking an overview of my savings and asking myself whether I might be able to retire on what I've got. There's a lot if (sometimes pretty complicated!) information out there, so I'm hoping to get some guidance here perhaps.

Welcome. As you may know, most of us start with FIRECALC, though if you’re a Brit, you may prefer other investment choices as FIRECALC investment options are US centric.

https://firecalc.com/

Thanks - I've had a look at FIREcalc I would imagine it's a reasonably good indicator even if I am invested mostly in the UK (I'm about 20% US I think).

The main thing I'm trying to understand though is the seemingly endless variations on draw-down methods in retirement! Just when I think I've read about them all, another one comes along, and all with varying degrees of complexity.

The main thing I'm trying to understand though is the seemingly endless variations on draw-down methods in retirement! Just when I think I've read about them all, another one comes along, and all with varying degrees of complexity.

Don't concern yourself too much. Truth is once retired few follow any of them other than in general terms.

Back
Top Bottom