? give a key to a neighbor I don't know well

How tamper proof is it?

It’s decent I’d say. Had it for 3 years now.

They say it withstands hammering, sawing, drilling. It’s made of a zinc alloy with a rubber front. Waterproof and anti rust.

I tried to attach a photo but can’t figure out how.

We have the best neighbors you could ask for, and giving them a key saved my Mother in-laws life twice. She locked herself out of the house on numerous occasions, once in 5 degree weather with her pajamas and slippers on only. We were working, but she went next door and they took care of her. Just one of few different examples. However, I’d do this only if I absolutely trusted them, been 20 years now and never an issue.

I just had a little emergency here about a week ago and kind of scared the neighbors when they saw the ambulance. So now they are thinking we should exchange keys. I am not in the slightest worried they would steal anything but I do not know them well and I know the one is very nosy. Ideas I am not thinking of to manage? Hiding a key outside seems very insecure and IDK about those electronic locks would seem very hackable. Family is in another state so not useful for this purpose.

Is your neighbor richer than you? If so yes. If not, no.

/s

Back
Top Bottom