Glioblastoma (GBM)

Your sister knows how much you all love her. I wish her a fast and peaceful passing.

My brother passed from glioblastoma. I am so sorry, I know how difficult this is for you, your sister, and the family. May your sister’s passing be peaceful and pain free.

All her siblings, her husband and a friend gathered with her today and sorted through family pictures, and she told us what she expected to happen. Today was their 41st anniversary.
She will stick around for a little while longer. It is difficult to watch her lose her words, she gets so frustrated.
Hugs to you Gremlin.

Great news about my sister!

The constant nausea was wearing her down, taking away any pleasure of sticking around.

They changed her to a new medication on Sunday, which really zonked her. We stayed and watched the Seahawks game with her and she slowly came around. it was a good visit.

Over the next couple of days she has gotten used to it, and for the first time since February of last year the nausea is mostly gone!

She is not knocked out by the medicine now and it is the lowest dose so this is very promising.

It is so rare to get to post something positive in this circumstance.
Woohoo!

That is good news all things considered. Thank you for sharing and enjoy the extra time this revelation has brought.

She will stay as long as she feels OK and is with it. This was effectively a new lease on some time, quality time with her family. Pure gold Jerry!!

That is indeed such good news. Hope you enjoy your time together.

What wonderful news, so glad that the quality of her life has improved.

My children's father died from Glioblastoma when they were in their late teens. It was pretty tough.

Hugs KB. Not good. My mom's first husband too, the father of all my sibs in the US.

The hospice nurse said we needed to care for her 24/7, so we sibs and cousins have made a calendar to provide relief for her husband for the last week or so. It was my turn for the overnight last night.
She slept the whole night, thanks to the use of her CPAP. She had not been using it, probably because she nods off whenever and has no set sleep time. It was a little disconcerting. I kept going to check her. This morning she said she was not going to do this living thing much longer. I spoke with the siblings and she has said as much to everyone in the last few days.
I stated that we have nothing unsaid and she does not need to wait for me, as I do every time. It is difficult to say goodbye over again but I don't want to be the holdup, she needs to look after herself in this regard.
We are rallying around as we do, as we have done. My beloved niece and doctor has been a huge comfort to her, to her husband and their son. She has been present for her own father and her cousin in 2020, her Mother in law and uncle Jack in 2021, and will probably be present for our sister too. She says she wants to do it but I fear for her. it is a lot to take on.

Prayers to you, your sister and your family during this time.

Thoughts and Prayers and peace for you, your sister and your family.

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. Tomorrow is the day she has chosen to take her leave.

Peace be with you and your family on this day.

Praying for peace for you and your family. Hugs

She took her leave at 10 this morning, she was focused and resolute to the end. My physician neice was there to help and it was calm and peaceful. We are gathered at my middle sisters now.
She was badass till the end. She wanted her cocktail mixed with some aged scotch whiskey.

What a woman.

God bless you all.

So sorry, but at least she was able to choose the time best for her. What a sad week for you and your family. It's so hard to wait with someone who is going through this. You were a great and supportive brother and I know she loved you all the more for what you have done done for her.

This thread is very sad, but I was cheered a bit by her ability to choose her own death and demand some Scotch, to boot! I hope you all appreciate that you did what was needed, provided support, expressed your love, and did not shirk at the end. You all helped her have a good death.

Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom