GOLD up up and ?

...I will sell at some point, but not yet. I have had only 31% gain on it. Want to see more... Greed is good...
That seems to be a common sentiment: Bullishness among gold timers very high

The average gold timer is now more bullish than on each of the past four occasions in which the gold market has topped out. This suggests to contrarian analysts that the yellow metal has more than the usual amount of vulnerability to a significant decline.
OTOH...
The final blow-off stages of a rally, which are usually accompanied by high levels of enthusiasm and excitement, often last longer, and go further, than most would have imagined.

At the same time, however, markets in which there is such a high level of enthusiasm tend to drop precipitously at the first sign of trouble.

As said, I only have the equivalent of 10 ounces worth in GLD to sell, so have got to get the most out of it. Perhaps I want to see some gold-less people kick themselves for not getting in (not many on this forum surely), and people loaded with it gloat some more. Heh heh heh...

Having seen the tech mania of 2000 and a couple of housing bubbles in my life, my experience is that these things last longer than most could imagine. Yes, the drop is swift and much faster than the rise, but with the relatively small holding that I have, I can afford to live closer to the edge. Heh heh heh... I cannot even buy a good used class C with the proceeds, so how big a deal can this be? It is just another challenge in life or a small gamble that I like to take on for fun. It is only money, and not a whole lot at that. I never fool around with slot machines or poker tables in LV. This is a lot more fun.

By the way, I still remember in late 1999, the media talked of people selling their jewelry to scavenge some funds to get some dot-com stocks. Heh heh heh...

Why do I sound more like Uncle Mick all the time? If he demands royalty for his trademark, I would be broke.

Back
Top Bottom