Got to See Ed Slott Yesterday..........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
He's an articulate funny guy....who ever thought a CPA could have such a good sense of humor? :D

He covered a lot of details that would be boring to mention here, so I will summarize:

1)Make sure your beneficiary forms are up to date, or Congress will take your money.

2)Taxes are going up, so the time is now to convert IRAs to Roths, or fund Roths.

3)AMT will continue to be a mess for some time to come.

4)We are in a YOYO environment: YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN!!

5)Life insurance is the best way to leave money tax-free to heirs..............

I am so jealous!

Great summary. Hey, feel free to share details. We are not easily bored by tax stuff around here.

He's an articulate funny guy....who ever thought a CPA could have such a good sense of humor? :D
From his website he seems like a good speaker, and I've been hoping to see some Hawaii dates on his "Victory Tour".

I'm not even going to touch that slow pitch about financial advisors evaluating CPA standards of humor. CFB, care to step up to the plate?

Hey, feel free to share details. We are not easily bored by tax stuff around here.
Seriously, I vote for that too. I bet he has an opinion or two on "advisor" status...

Seriously, I vote for that too. I bet he has an opinion or two on "advisor" status...

He has strong opinions on many things...........he took a shot at Vanguard by covering the "Disinherited by Vanguard" piece............:eek::eek:

CFB, care to step up to the plate?

Tempting, but I just made a really nice fruit cake and I'm so pleased with the results that my curmudgeon quota has been reached for the day.

Now the trick is how one goes about keeping a rum and brandy soaked hunk of cake away from a 3 year old...

I would, but I'm supposed to go to the dentist in a couple of hours. Although its possible that he has lots of patients showing up half smashed with bits of dried fruit stuck in their teeth...

Plus it weighs about 12lbs.

I would, but I'm supposed to go to the dentist in a couple of hours. Although its possible that he has lots of patients showing up half smashed with bits of dried fruit stuck in their teeth...

Plus it weighs about 12lbs.

Gotcha, although in your early 20's that would have been the "perfect snack" after a night of drinking..........;)

Yep, two weeks of daily spritzing with cognac.

Excellent..........reminds me of the "brandied fruit" mom would start making a month before X-mas. By the time it was "ready", it packed quite a wallop........:D

Now the trick is how one goes about keeping a rum and brandy soaked hunk of cake away from a 3 year old...
Hmmm... sugar & rum struggling upstream against the afternoon nap...

... and I wonder what it'd do to Gabe, too!

Let's see ... here's what I got out of this thread:

Ed Slott is a fruitcake.

Maybe I skimmed it too fast -- is that the correct summary?

5)Life insurance is the best way to leave money tax-free to heirs..............

I think he should say INCOME tax free.... still have to pay estate taxes if you still own the policy...

I think he should say INCOME tax free.... still have to pay estate taxes if you still own the policy...

Some of that depends on how well you use your personal exemptions and such, and WHO owns the policy................;)

Back
Top Bottom