Guilt for doing something good

DAYDREAMER

Recycles dryer sheets
We bought our dream retirement home (second home) on the water of Puget Sound. Our plan was to have my parents live in it and keep it heated, so they can enjoy their retirement years, and when they pass, we will move in. It is very close to our other place, so we would be able to help them as they get older.

Well, the guilt happened when I think the stress of the move brought to light a problem my mom had regarding Congestive Heart Failure that we did not know she had. Even though the move did not cause congestive heart failure (comes on over a lifetime), I think it pushed her over the edge. We almost lost her last month, because the pulminary edema turned into Pnemonia. Thank god she got over it, but it was touch and go for a month. Now we are into the phase of taking care of her as she gets older. Didnt think the "care taking" would happen this fast.

The blessing in all this, is she is closer to us, so we can watch her much closer. Also, she has beutiful scenery to look at.

Sorry mom for pushing you past the tipping point!

You did do something good and I hope your parents enjoy their beautiful surroundings. Being closer to your parents will be helpful for you and your parents as they age and potentially face health issues.

Please don't feel that the move brought on the health problems. I lost an uncle last week from pneumonia and congestive heart failure. He got pneumonia in Oct. and was never able to get rid of it spending about 4 months hospitalized and only coming home for the last few days with 24 hour care. Also an aunt had pneumonia in December and was hospitalized for a couple weeks. She was not feeling well yet even in February. There were no moves involved with either.

Please don't feel that the move brought on the health problems.........

+1 I'm sure it was a coincidence. You did a really nice thing for your folks.

The blessing in all this, is she is closer to us, so we can watch her much closer. Also, she has beutiful scenery to look at.
Those are two very important blessings, especially if you can get her outside often to see that beautiful scenery.

Back
Top Bottom