H & R Block slow to update 2021, Federal/State

wolf

Full time employment: Posting here.
Preparing, 3 tax returns. Ours, Mom's, and daughter's. Getting message from
H & R, "update" before filing. Forms in your return not "ready" yet.

This is for both Federal, and State (California). Never had this issue before.
Here it's 02/15. And H/R software, still not current yet.

Just venting.....

Their software wouldn't let me qualify for homestead credit because of a software issue. I claimed a $30,000 capital loss. I can only claim $500 per year for state taxes. That $500 has to be added back in when figuring my income for homestead credit purposes. The software wanted me to add back the whole $30,000 putting my income way over the limit. There was no way to override it. Now they are taking forever to fix the problem and let me file. May not be going back to them again after this year.

There is also a bug where if taxpayer was unemployed and hence eligible for max ACA premium tax credits (regardless of income) it calculates correctly, but it doesn't save. So when I close and re-open the return, I suddenly owe $11K more! The second I click back to the "Premium Tax Credit" pages, it is corrected - until I close it again. Ugh.

I looked everywhere for a bug report form/site and found nothing. And "chat for support" inside the program doesn't seem to work at all.

Software will continue to be updated for weeks and months. Generally by mid-March or so most tax software is stable. I don't even start until late March.

I cannot import my last year return into H&R (used both years). Called support and they told me to "read' the .pdf. But I'm concerned this will not carry forward losses etc and I'll need to go back and look them up. Anyone else with this problem?/ Tech support sucked.

Well.....H&R..updated Fed, 2/17....Nice....But, they pushed out the California update to
02/25....(2nd or 3rd time they pushed out this date.)

I hope they get their software updated before April !

Today's H&R update cleared my last remaining hold-up and I was able to file our return. Got notification of acceptance by the IRS less than 60 seconds after submitting.

There is also a bug where if taxpayer was unemployed and hence eligible for max ACA premium tax credits (regardless of income) it calculates correctly, but it doesn't save. So when I close and re-open the return, I suddenly owe $11K more! The second I click back to the "Premium Tax Credit" pages, it is corrected - until I close it again. Ugh.

I looked everywhere for a bug report form/site and found nothing. And "chat for support" inside the program doesn't seem to work at all.

Today's update fixed my bug.

Back
Top Bottom