Halloween 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 68 kids, down over last year due to C19 presumably. We used a table, considered a chute but worried about sticking, getting the discharge height right and kids with masks not able to see well.

If I’d seen it beforehand, I’d have gone with a candy catapult! I saw one on YT and it looked like the kids and parents loved it. It lobbed candy about 10 feet, wish I’d thought of it, I hope we won’t need to be as defensive next year.

I remembering your saying how she likes skulls. Cute girl.

Thanks. Under all that makeup she is a cutie even though a little comical looking right due to all her missing teeth. It’s like we have our very own living jack-o-lantern [emoji316] [emoji23]

We heard some children voices, but definitely way fewer children than last year.

It looked like one house had people over --- multiple cars in their driveway and in front of their house.

I had everything set up as planned (6 ft space marks, individual bags, hand sanitizer on the table and I sat in the back of the garage)
I had planned to only do Trick or Treat from 5-7 pm, as thats when the majority of kids come around here.
Not one kiddo showed up! We heard a group of older kids about 9 pm, too late for our household.
Very unusual, as it is normally anywhere from 50-100 kids each year.
We did have the kids and Grands here for our own Halloween party, and they all went home with bags of candy.
Still have tons.

We don't have trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood - we are mostly "gays and greys" - but in non-covid times, there are sensational adult costumes to be seen. Unfortunately this year, my shrieking partying neighbors didn't get the memo about social distancing. :rolleyes:

We don't have trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood - we are mostly "gays and greys" - but in non-covid times, there are sensational adult costumes to be seen. Unfortunately this year, my shrieking partying neighbors didn't get the memo about social distancing. :rolleyes:
Yeah, there was a Halloween party two doors down from us from about 4-6pm, looked like about a dozen families with loose social distancing at best. Parents socializing and kids and dogs running around for several hours. At least they were outdoors and there was a breeze, so hopefully none of them will be affected. At little disappointing to see, but I know most people are sick and tired of a pandemic with no end in sight. We're still wearing masks and maintaining distances at all times - but we're really sick of it too.

We had 135 kids come by between 5 and 6:45, when we ran out of candy. Put the candy in individual snack plastic bags and set the bags on a card table just outside the garage. I sat behind the table and kept the bags supplied. The kids picked up their bags. I wore a mask and gloves. I think we ran out just as the last child came by so it worked out well.

One trick or treater.
That's all I got. Now I have to suck it up and eat that case of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

We have been in NC for Halloween for a few years due to our grandchildren living there. We would go out trick or treating with them. They moved to PA this summer and it only takes approximately 1 1/2 hours to get to their house. However, they were having a small Halloween party with their 2 cousins.

So, we put a long table blocking our stairs and we scattered loose candy all over it. I would look out periodically and wave at the small children and opened the window a few times to tell them Happy Halloween when they would wave to me. I would also go down to the table periodically to add more candy, when no one was around.

I loved Halloween when I was a child and I am glad that children were able to trick or treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom