Hamster beats out Buffett and S&P

Now if crypto were only a legitimate investment category...

way back when the same could have been said of tulips.

Hamsters today. Interesting.

Wasn't it darts a decade or so ago? Forbes magazine employees would throw darts at the newspaper stock market tables (remember those, published after every trading day?) and make hypothetical bets on the stocks the darts hit. Usually they did better than the 'experts', managed funds, advisors, etc. And you don't have to feed and clean up after darts.

About 30 or 35 years ago my brother came to me with some money (about $30K) he received from a closed out 401K. He asked where he should put it.

Back then, I had no idea what I was doing in any-way-shape-or-form but I more or less 'threw a dart' on Fido's Magellan Fund mostly because the name sounded nice.

Let's just say he's done quite nicely.

I am a hamster!

Saw a mention of Mr. Goxx the hampster on the morning news.

But the question is can he beat the blindfolded chimps throwing darts? :cool:

Not hard to do in this market. Lots of things are beating BH these days.

What if we told you there was a hamster who has been trading cryptocurrencies since June — and recently was doing better than Warren Buffett and the S&P 500?

Let's see that was three months ago. The last time I checked Mr. Buffett was a very long term investor, as in years, maybe decades.

Comparing the hamster's three month's performance to Mr. Buffett's long term record is sort of like a person running the 100 meter dash saying he beat the marathon runner to 100 meters. It may be true, but they are running different races.

No wonder modern journalism is found wanting by so many people.

Let's see that was three months ago. The last time I checked Mr. Buffett was a very long term investor, as in years, maybe decades.

Comparing the hamster's three month's performance to Mr. Buffett's long term record is sort of like a person running the 100 meter dash saying he beat the marathon runner to 100 meters. It may be true, but they are running different races.

Perfect analogy!

In addition, if the hamster failed, we'd never hear about it.

This 'story' is about the equivalent of a headline "Man flips coin, it comes up heads!" Film at 11:00!

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom