Has Anyone Who Filed Federal with a Form 1116 Gotten a Refund?

Due to my expat tax complexity, I had to file a paper return.

They owe me a lot of money.

Based on "where's my refund" I'm told it may take 6 months.

I was in that situation last year having to file paper. It sucks.

I have a buddy that had a K1 form, he told me about the big hassle it was at tax time. I took the warning and never got into a K1 situation.

Due to my expat tax complexity, I had to file a paper return.

They owe me a lot of money.

Based on "where's my refund" I'm told it may take 6 months.

They will give you a little interest fwiw :)

I am curious if anyone is considering calling the IRS to check on status? It seems very odd that here we are four months after filing (almost) and still no progress...:mad::mad:

I am curious if anyone is considering calling the IRS to check on status? It seems very odd that here we are four months after filing (almost) and still no progress...:mad::mad:
I haven't because I read somewhere they don't know any more by phone than what shows on Where's My Refund, mine says "still processing" now 146 days since my eFile return was accepted. I filed an Amended Return also, the IRS site says that can take 6 months. I don't care anymore, but I'll care A LOT if both my refunds applied to 2022 taxes are contested when I file again in Apr 2023...

Still waiting here. The CPA filed two weeks late, good sized refund. At the end of May, got a request for some odd pieces of information. The CPA sent the requested information in around June 1st. Nothing since then.

At some point they start paying 5 percent interest. Maybe I shouldn't care when they send the refund...

Last edited:
Do not plan to get any refunds from a non-normal return....

I filed a 2019 final return for my mother who passed... I got the refund earlier this year...

The good news was it was less than 2 years...

I’m not holding my breath this year, based on what happened last year.
How long did it take? Exactly 1 year.

Submitted and accepted electronically April 6, 2021.
"Processed" April 26, 2021 (according to transcript).
Received check in the mail April 6, 2022.

No errors, no extra tax owed, no stimulus payment issues, submitted electronically, so no idea what took so long.
On the plus side, the check included quite a bit of interest. Much more than any savings account or CD available over the last year.

Good news! The IRS says my refund is approved and should be deposited in my bank shortly.

Midpack & the rest of you who were in the same boat - I sincerely hope that yours is approved too or will be soon.

Good news! The IRS says my refund is approved and should be deposited in my bank shortly.

Midpack & the rest of you who were in the same boat - I sincerely hope that yours is approved too or will be soon.
Thanks. I'll keep watching but mine still shows "still processing as of today/now."

Back
Top Bottom