Have not seen a rant thread in a while

When I am out and about, I make an effort to say hello to people I don't know.

I have to say hello to people I don't know......those I do know won't talk to me. :LOL:

Same here. Slobs like to throw empty beer bottles, soft drink bottles, wrappers, etc onto the street or sidewalk. I seem to be the only person on my block who picks up and throws out junk lying in the street, on the sidewalk, in front yards, etc. If some empty box winds up on someone's front lawn, after the recycling truck passes by, they just leave it there for days.

regarding the beer, they probably are people who are not supposed to be drinking, and thus can't take the containers home or leave them in their car.

regarding the beer, they probably are people who are not supposed to be drinking, and thus can't take the containers home or leave them in their car.

All that alcohol is bought cold at gas stations and convenience stores and drunk while driving. Then thrown out the window. There is a lot of people that drive under the influence by the number of liquor and beer cans I pick up.

Last edited:
I often see someone finish a beer and toss it in the back of their truck. Where it stays there for a mile or 2 before it flies out.
Reminds me of a neighbor who each morning would walk outside to get his newspaper, take it out of the plastic bag and toss the bag in the back of his truck. It usually made it almost out of the subdivision before it flew out. Guess he thought they just decomposed.

The other day I ran into another person who loves to brag his financial acumen, his great financial position and the fact that he has no debt, but tactfully omits the fact that a few years ago he declared bankruptcy.

The other day I ran into another person who loves to brag his financial acumen, his great financial position and the fact that he has no debt, but tactfully omits the fact that a few years ago he declared bankruptcy.

Many will use your bragging to get you to give them recommendations, advice or solve their problems. So, if I have my wits about me I will tell them that I don't know anything, don't have any money and am not sure where I stand.

Well, wasn't that the point? :)

Same here. Slobs like to throw empty beer bottles, soft drink bottles, wrappers, etc onto the street or sidewalk. I seem to be the only person on my block who picks up and throws out junk lying in the street, on the sidewalk, in front yards, etc. If some empty box winds up on someone's front lawn, after the recycling truck passes by, they just leave it there for days.

Every so often I'll go to a park with surgical gloves (will not pick up without them) and a large paper grocery bag. There are city garbage cans all over the place. If kids or whoever would walk 30 ft to a garbage can, the park would be lovely. But no, garbage just sits there. So I pick it up and go back in a few weeks, more garbage.

now that I'm older, I realize how useless rants are.
I respectfully beg to differ. :cool:

I have learned that ranting helps me immensely. I know I should not let people or events bug me, but sometimes they do. And I simmer and dwell on it. Not a healthy thing to do.

So, I use an online journal (Penzu) to rant. I go on there, open a journal entry and let loose. Once I am done and have gotten it off my chest, I feel much, much better. Of course, no one will ever see these entries except me; at some point I will close the account and delete the journal.

If I recall, President Harry Truman did much the same thing. He would write letters to people who crossed him, giving them an earful in no uncertain terms. But none of the letters were sent. He would put the letter in an envelope, hide it in his desk, and at some point destroy it.

Last edited:
You know about the BK he conceals? Was he a debtor of yours? :D

I figure that you never know the situation another person is dealing with.
Great point. I saw this graphic recently and liked it so much I saved it to my desktop. I need this reminder every day.

be_kind.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom