Have you seen this skit on credit spending?

Re: Have you seen this?

I had seen this before. It's great. Unfortunately, I sent it to a sibling that I knew did their personal finances based on their credit card limit. They did not find it amusing.

"I just did not understand."

The aforementioned couple is unbelievable. They own their home and have raised two sons who have good jobs and families of their own. And both husband and wife have, or will have, decent pensions and Social Security. She is still working, (and extremely long hours,) but he has been retired for many years.

He is a compulsive buyer of expensive toys which he really doesn't use once he gets them. He purchased the largest SUV made last year when gas prices began soaring, (now fighting with a spot on their small driveway with his previous large SUV,) a travel trailer just six months before that, (used only once and now in storage,) a large pleasure boat (,seldom used and now in storage). All of these purchases were made with borrowed money. Most are still being paid for.

They have numerous other off site storage rentals filled with other purchases they can no longer cram into their garage. She is a cumpulsive buyer of "antique" junk. Now they are seriously thinking of moving into an expensive exclusive community, at his urging, and a hour and a half commute from her place at work, (primarily to get away from the clutter things that are no longer working, I believe.) When I suggested forwarding this clip to them, my wife yelled, "Don't you dare!"

Elderdude said:
The aforementioned couple is unbelievable.
I love people like that.

You're going to have to let us know when they're holding a garage sale or posting their "excess stuff" to Craigslist. It's almost worth the cost of my plane tickets!

Back
Top Bottom