Hemorrhoids (ouch!)

Interesting--I eat pretty low fat although I do eat meat. I have to watch my fiber intake--there is a fine line for me--too much fiber is just as bad as not enough for me.
Someone suggested more olive oil--I need to try that.

DH gave up on mild laxatives or more soluble fiber in oatmeal or Metamucil. Dropping grains and going high fat worked way better. He eats plenty of vegetables. I agree - too much fiber can make things worse.

Consider a toilet seat bidet attachment for a nice clean gentle rinse. This one has a front and back spray. It's very refreshing, no heat so it can be a little chilly in the winter. You'll save a fortune in toilet roll, just pat dry and if nothing else the reviews are hilarious. I've had this for years and it's great.
If it works for you then blow that dough and buy a heated Toto
https://www.amazon.com/Luxe-Bidet-N...g&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_1_title&th=1

I love, love, love my Toto!

It’s good to know that some people had good surgical experiences without significant pain. The few people that I know that had it had horrible pain for weeks. The one person that had banding had the hemorrhoids come back. I just use preparation H and miralax. My hemorrhoids sometimes bleed. Got them during my third pregnancy at 25. They have gotten worse in the last 5 years.

At one time I had hemorrhoids, all internal. One prolapsed, that's how I realized I had them. I went to a surgeon and he said I had to have surgery. He said one was too big for banding. I was reluctant, and got a second opinion. I found a local doctor that did cautery for them. 20 minutes in his office and done. He used a thin electric heater. I don't know why it's not a more common fix. The scab on one came off and suddenly a lot of blood. Went straight back to the doctor and he hit it again and that was it.

A little later I figured out I had a problem with my thyroid. Got tested and discovered I have Hashimotos. Started thyroid medication and no more hemorrhoids....

Here's some TMI: Google a yoga move called legs up the wall. Use the wall or your headboard. Dunno why but its helpful for many. I say more olive oil. A tablespoon a day at least. I've read that banding is a good option. Dunno. Feel better!!

I just tried the Legs up the Wall yoga move for 20 minutes and my hemorrhoids fell much better already! I am going to try to incorporate this yoga pose in my daily exercise routine. Thanks so much for the suggestion, MrsHaloFIRE. I knew the folks on this Forum would have some good suggestions.!:flowers:

This is great news!! (Everyone else on the forum quietly googling "legs up the wall") Other folks, the easiest way to do it for me is sit on the floor with my right hip touching the wall. The simultaneously roll right, lie back and swing the legs up the wall. Legs don't have to be ramrod straight, just straight "ish" will do. Hold for 5 mins. Less will do. More is better. Good time to do wrist circles and concentrate on breathe. And yes you will try it not my recommended way and you will find yourself scooching many times trying to get that hind end against the wall. Then you will try my way. Some instructors teach it starting sitting with your back against the wall, and they are incorrect lol.
I just tried the Legs up the Wall yoga move for 20 minutes and my hemorrhoids fell much better already! I am going to try to incorporate this yoga pose in my daily exercise routine. Thanks so much for the suggestion, MrsHaloFIRE. I knew the folks on this Forum would have some good suggestions.!:flowers:

Legs up the Wall Yoga Pose

Does the amount of hemorrhoid relief change whether or not you use any kind of lower back/hip support?

The Google images for this pose seem to be spit about 50/50 between back and hips flat on the floor vs. some kind of padding/blocking support.

Thank you both for pointing me in this direction; it is something I have not tried but will during my next flare up.

This is great news!! (Everyone else on the forum quietly googling "legs up the wall") Other folks, the easiest way to do it for me is sit on the floor with my right hip touching the wall. The simultaneously roll right, lie back and swing the legs up the wall. Legs don't have to be ramrod straight, just straight "ish" will do. Hold for 5 mins. Less will do. More is better. Good time to do wrist circles and concentrate on breathe. And yes you will try it not my recommended way and you will find yourself scooching many times trying to get that hind end against the wall. Then you will try my way. Some instructors teach it starting sitting with your back against the wall, and they are incorrect lol.

No clue for hemorrhoids. They teach both flat on the ground and up on the bolster in yoga classes but Im never clear on what for what purpose. Frankly I think its sometimes the studio owns bolsters and other studios dont so you get more percieved value out of the course bc they have a handy dandy bolster =)

Does the amount of hemorrhoid relief change whether or not you use any kind of lower back/hip support?

The Google images for this pose seem to be spit about 50/50 between back and hips flat on the floor vs. some kind of padding/blocking support.

Thank you both for pointing me in this direction; it is something I have not tried but will during my next flare up.

The way I did it this morning--I used a large pillow below my bottom (and a smaller below my head) and slid up to the wall (but I will try Halos I idea to sit sideways next to the wall first). I did not want my feet to touch the wall so I got my DH to put a small pillow between my heels and the wall. I was able to easily do 20 minutes (but I am use to doing yoga). It has been 5 hours and my hemorrhoids are still feeling better so I definitely recommend. There are some youtube videos I found helpful.

We’ve done this in yoga class several times, and I have to say that it is the most relaxing yoga pose I’ve ever experienced. We spend a long time and open and close our legs a couple of times. But I had no idea that it could help hemorrhoids!

Viparita Karani is the name of the pose.

Last edited:
No clue for hemorrhoids. They teach both flat on the ground and up on the bolster in yoga classes but Im never clear on what for what purpose. Frankly I think its sometimes the studio owns bolsters and other studios dont so you get more percieved value out of the course bc they have a handy dandy bolster =)

I’m sure it’s whichever is more comfortable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom