How do strangers see you?

^ yes, I see it at respect and money might talk. Lol

I may add for clarity, is that 4 times more money then the loan I wanted, I had in that same bank.

another car buying experience from a friend of mine.

So my friend is relocating to Memphis and he arrives before the wife & family. He needs 2 new cars and goes looking at a dealership. He finds what he likes and tells the salesman that he's going to check with his wife.

Well the salesman says to him "You need your wife's permission to buy a car?" Well my friend didn't say anything and drove to a dealership right across the street. He bought 2 news cars there and with his wife they went to pick them up.

He says to his wife follow me we have to visit the dealer across the street. They drove up across the street in their new cars and the original sales person comes out. My friend says I just want to tell you I got my wife's permission!

Well the GM comes out asking what's going on and my buddy explains it to the GM. The GM sales to the salesman, is that correct. The salesman says yes and the GM fired him on the spot. My friend just said, have a nice day and left!

Reminds me of the time the locally-owned bank sent my mother a notice that they were going to start imposing some sort of new fee on her checking account.

She went into the bank, filled out a withdrawal slip for the entire amount of her savings account (she'd recently received a non-trivial inheritance) and casually passed it to the teller.

It didn't take long before she was whisked off to the branch manager's office, where he bent over backward to apologize and try to convince her to stay with that bank.

Those were simpler times.

did she stay?

Back
Top Bottom