How do you let down a friend gently?

Three guys on my block are still working full time in their 80s. Actually, one recently turned 90. Another just recently retired when he turned 75. They are big wheels in little companies and their work is their life -- no distinction in their minds. They are simply incapable of imagining anything else, even though some of us tease them about it (just a little).

Subs this is why they live so long. Keep their mind sharp.

Depends, I'd consider being a quality control manager at a cat house.

Here is what you say, "Dude, my DW doesnt even ask me to do work!!!! What in the wide wide world of sports are you thinking?"

Being truly FIRE'd I can't remotely relate to the question.

Three guys on my block are still working full time in their 80s. Actually, one recently turned 90. Another just recently retired when he turned 75. They are big wheels in little companies and their work is their life -- no distinction in their minds. They are simply incapable of imagining anything else, even though some of us tease them about it (just a little).

And there is absolute nothing wrong with this. If this is what makes them happy, more power to them.

As a programmer, everyone and their mother wants me to build a website for them (for FREE, of course). It's like owning a pickup truck when someone's moving. I tend to say that I'm fully booked with other projects, or that I have no expertise in whatever they're asking about.

I hate it.

Back
Top Bottom