How do you properly use Multi+ for quoting

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I assume when you want two quotes in a post, you use Multi+, but I can't figure out how to do it. Explain please.

You click the Multi plus button on each post, then you click Post reply to start your reply. Both get fully quoted. You can then snip them down if appropriate (like, don't re-post 17 paragraphs when only one is needed).

You can't do it using the quick reply box feature.

I assume when you want two quotes in a post, you use Multi+, but I can't figure out how to do it. Explain please.

You click the Multi plus button on each post, then you click Post reply to start your reply. Both get fully quoted. You can then snip them down if appropriate (like, don't re-post 17 paragraphs when only one is needed).

You can't do it using the quick reply box feature.

Thanks, that was easy!

Hah, I learned something after all these years/posts!

I had always thought I had to click "quote" on the last one of the multi-quote series to kind of 'close it out'. Not really much different, but it makes a bit more sense to do it as described here.

-ERD50

Hah, I learned something after all these years/posts!

I had always thought I had to click "quote" on the last one of the multi-quote series to kind of 'close it out'. Not really much different, but it makes a bit more sense to do it as described here.

-ERD50

That’s how I’ve always used it. Press multi-quote and then on the last one hit quote. Seems to work.

By jove, I think he's got it!

OK, 'By Jove' made me curious, for those that don't know, it apparently started in the 14th century. "Jove is the original name of the Roman god, Jupiter. By proclaiming, "By Jove," one is making a comparable statement to "By God."
My contribution to trivia for today. :)

Back
Top Bottom