How Many Days/Week Do You Wear Jeans?

Retirees only: How Many Days/Week Do You Wear Jeans/Shorts/Sweats (or casual equiv)?

• 0-1

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 6-7

Votes: 66 88.0%

• Total voters
Casual pretty much everyday, but don't even own jeans anymore. Too many casual styles/fabrics which are more comfortable than denim.

All the time. I have a dozen suits left over from work, I wear one about once a year now. They should last the rest of my life.

I'll have to go out and buy another half-dozen pair soon now, as the ones I have are starting to get some holes in them, some have paint on them, and some were exposed to deck cleaner bleach and have badly faded patches. I only have about two "good pair" left.

Levis. I wear something other 2-3 times per year. With a t and sandals.

sometimes a polo (dressy)
sometimes shoes (when it's cooler)
a button down shirt (very dressy)
a belt (formal)

7 days a week - jeans or shorts. I still wear a nice pair of dockers or equivalent and an "island shirt" to go out to a nice restaurant. I even had to dig out the tux for a recent cruise to Alaska - what a PITA that was.

... I even had to dig out the tux for a recent cruise to Alaska - what a PITA that was.

If I ever take a cruise, I'll probably skip those formal occasions. Isn't there [-]free[/-] included food all over those ships? Is the socializing at the formal events worth it to pack extra clothes and dress up? An old friend rationalizes buying expensive clothes because she can wear them on cruises. That's an alien concept to me.

Zero. I think jeans are too restricting-too tight. And I think the pockets are too small on jeans. I like loose fitting clothes like shorts and golf shirts or tee shirts. The shorts must be wrinkle free so easy to launder also. In the winter if it gets below 50 I might wear Docker slacks or something similar. And they have to be wrinkle free. Can't stand the "looks like you slept in them" appearance.

Voted 6-7. I still have a closet full of work clothes. On the rare occassion when I feel the need to dress up, there's lots to choose from! Otherwise, it's jeans, shorts, tennies and flip flops. Laundry has become much easier:D

Wow, I guess I need to retire ASAP. When I started this poll/thread, I was expecting a fairly even distribution. Guess I don't have a clue...

Didn't vote because I'm still working- but when I do retire it will be jeans and long-sleeved t-shirts in the winter, jean shorts and short-sleeve t-shirts in the summer. Goal is for my entire wardrobe to fit in 1/4 of a motorhome closet... (DW can have the other 3/4) :D

I wear jeans in the winter time or when I'm working in the yard or on the car. The rest of the time its golf attire.

Clothes, we don't need to stinkin' clothes.

Jeans, shorts, sweats and my favorite bib overalls :greetings10:

The IGBW and I were married in Bib Overalls. So for us in our private little twisted world, whenever we see someone wearing overalls, we look at each other, bat our eyes, and say in a entirely musical way, "Look he/she's getting married"

How do you quantify the days when you never wear anything at all? I mean if we never leave our property, why would we need clothing? (Hint: weather is warm) I can throw on a robe to meet the FedEx Babe and avoid knife in back, but mostly what's the point of getting dressed on my day off, which come to think of it is everyday!

Back
Top Bottom