How Many Eye Glasses Do You Use?

Two:

One pair for normal day to day wearing.

One pair of sunglasses.

Both are prescription and are progressive bifocals.

I have a spare for each which are the "old" ones.

I have the exact same setup. I keep the sunglasses in each of our 2 cars. The four total pairs I have now, purchased online, cost much less than a single pair my former eye doctor would charge me for, so it is cheap backup :).

Six pair from home to ranch. Pair at ranch, computer, truck, den, and a couple more at home.

The DW and I just use/need reading (well magnifying) glasses. Still we must have 6 or 7 pairs of glasses in the cars and around the house. The DW always has a pair in her purse and we always have at least one pair in each car, one in the medicine cabinet, one on my desk and the others are just "wherever".

I have 2. My new pair of glasses I have to have to see and my old pair of prescription sunglasses. I didn't get new sunglasses with my new prescription because it's too expensive to get glasses I don't absolutely have to have. Can't imagine a need for more than 2 pair that are currently in use.

At least three pairs of identical reading glasses, a pair of safety glasses with a small reading insert, and the sunglasses I keep in my car. I haven't had a prescription for distance in about 15 years.

3. But I should invest in some backups.

1 pair for when I use my desktop computer
1 pair for prescription sunglasses
1 pair bifocals for sitting in my easy chair watching TV and using my iPad.

Since having cataract surgery just reading glasses and keep a pair in every room plus car.

Am I the only one who only uses 1 pair of glasses? They progressive and transition.

Yep, I use just one pair. Mine are trifocals with Transition. I put them on in the morning and take them off at bedtime.

I'm getting evaluated for cataract surgery next week so this will all change. I'm hoping to not need glasses at all but for how nearsighted I am I would not be surprised if I need something. And I like sunglasses outside.

Four:

Everyday progressives glasses
Computer progressive glasses
Polarized progressive sunglasses for driving/outdoor use
Reading glasses for reading in bed (this is an old set of computer glasses.)

I also have my previous set of everyday progressives that I keep in my truck for emergency use. I also bring this old set when I travel in case I lose or damage my regular set of progressives.

Two for me.

I have a w*rk pair that I try to keep nice.

My other pair is for non-work time. This pair has magnet clip on sunglasses.

Both are progressive bifocals and cost ~$100 from Zenni.

6 pairs. Two progressives w/ transitions, one for the den to watch TV and read and one pair elsewhere downstairs. Old (1 year ago!) pair for upstairs when air is clear and I want to admire the view across the Bay and see Mt Diablo or the deer in the road/yard. Progressive sunglasses for driving and outdoors when the transitions won't work. And lastly a pair of 2.5 readers for clipping the cats' nails...they appreciate me not clipping the quick :dance:. Almost forgot the cheapo plastic Amazon wraparounds for pruning and weeding work as I prefer not to get pocked in the eye.

I miss those 7 years when I was able to go without glasses due to choosing monovision after I had my cataract surgery. But all good things must come to an end :(.

Since having cataract surgery just reading glasses and keep a pair in every room plus car.

Only non-prescription sunglasses for me and my wife.

She had cataract surgery in both eyes 2 months ago (2 weeks apart) and "upgraded" to the multi-focal, laser replacement option. She now has excellent vision in both eyes for near and far vision.

I wear Multi-focal daily disposable contact lenses which have worked very well for me for years. Not having to use/ keep around/ take reading glasses has been such a WIN for my life!

I probably have 20 pairs of readers. I work on the principle that at some point you reach "Critical mass", where there is always a pair within reasonable reach whenever you need one.... :cool:

That critical mass for me seems to be around 15-20 pair :LOL:

I probably have 20 pairs of readers. I work on the principle that at some point you reach "Critical mass", where there is always a pair within reasonable reach whenever you need one

Same here, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit. It's a never-ending source of amusement for DW, but it works for me.

Am I the only one who only uses 1 pair of glasses? They progressive and transition.

Nope, I have one pair, progressive and transition that I wear daily.

When I go in to get a new pair, I bring in the old one to donate.

When I go in to get a new pair, I bring in the old one to donate.

Since my prescription changes at least once per year I keep buying new glasses. Zenni has been a lifesaver on the eyeglass budget.

I brought in all these glasses a couple years ago.

Zenni Eyeglasses Collection 2019.jpg

I have another backlog growing. Time to donate another batch.

1 pair of glasses for when I don't have my contacts in
2 pairs of sunglasses
7 pairs of inexpensive reading glasses because I continually misplace them........

Not sure without an actual inventory, but, I'm sitting at my computer, I have six pair within arms length, plus one pair in my pocket. I'm sure there are 2 or 3 pair near my bed and probably a couple more at my work bench, and then I have a bag on top of a large mirrored dresser. I buy them 10 at a time from the dollar store.
I recently lost a pair, ya, it is the one prescription pair that I have had for 5 or 6 years. They might still show up. Those are best when I have my contacts out.

about a dozen, my readers are scattered around the house and autos, dollar store rocks for theml

In addition to toric (astigmatism) contacts for distance, and my own eyes for somewhat close-up vision, I employ:

1) Progressive bifocals for driving (although the close-up part never really works for me)
2) Several cheap readers for when I'm wearing contacts, and need to see up close. I consider these fungible, and count them collectively as One pair.
3) Astigmatism-corrected readers for when I'm not wearing contacts
4) Triple-power astigmatism-corrected near-vision glasses for fine work, such as needlework.

I am so pleased to hear your wife is doing well with the multi-focal option! (Did she have any astigmatism before?)

I used to have multi-focal RGP contacts, which I loved, until early cataracts somehow made RGPs no longer feasible. I have pretty bad astigmatism, which soft lenses can't correct.

Yet when I asked my eye doctor if she'd recommend multi-focal cataract lenses when the time comes, she said No. She's seen too many cases where the multi-focal rings irritate people, cause haloes, etc.

]
She had cataract surgery in both eyes 2 months ago (2 weeks apart) and "upgraded" to the multi-focal, laser replacement option. She now has excellent vision in both eyes for near and far vision.

Three.

Two for reading, one pair of prescription sunglasses, same RX, for reading.

Will get new lens in January but will keep the same frames.

Costco.

One pair bifocals that I wear early AM and late PM mostly. Daytime is contacts. I have several old pairs as backup that get used rarely if ever.

One pair sunglasses I wear and several backups. Including a prescription pair rarely used.

Readers scattered around and in the car.

So mostly 1 pair scrip, 1 sunglasses, 1 reader. Plus contacts is what I use daily.

Most of the time at home I don't wear any because I'm nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other. And to think: Some people pay to have that!

But when I'm wearing contact lenses, then I have to use regular reading glasses for reading, and a lower power lens for computer use. Oh, and there's a pair for driving that transitions according to the light, and then I have a couple of pair of very dark safety glasses made by Klein Tools and Milwaukee tools for flying R/C airplanes. When you're standing in the middle of a field looking skyward on a bright sunny day regular sunglasses don't do the job. I slightly prefer the Klein Tools pair because they come with a fabric pouch to store them in that helps keep them cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom