How many lefties do we have here ?

Complete lefty here - eat, write, play sports with my left hand (and foot). Only time I had a issue was when I tried playing golf when I was young. I had to use right hand clubs, hated it, and kept away from the sport for many years... then I played with a left handed set of clubs and realized using the wrong clubs was the problem.

My mother was left-handed and good in math, so I must have inherited both of those from her. :)

Completely lefthanded ( genetic, mutiple lefty relatives). When I was working more than half of the doctors in my practice group were lefthanded

I currently have Golfers Elbow in my left arm, and was recently talking with my wife about my sore arm. I jokingly asked if I am better coming from the left or from the right side 😇.
She looked at me, laughed and walked away.

I'm one of eight siblings. Four of us (including me) are lefties.

My cousin was tortured as a child... his words... because they tried to make him write with his right hand. My aunt admits to following his teacher's instructions of tying his left hand to the chair so he couldn't use it, and having him practice writing his letters with his right hand. He hated it, and she hated seeing him miserable. She has since apologized to him.

He ended up writing left handed despite these measures.

Thank goodness times have changed.

I'm right handed but decent in math - as are my kids (right handed/good math.)

Speaking as someone who studied neurology, lefties (such as myself) have far less "lateralized" brains - lateralization being where one side of the brain handles speech. So, lefties tend to recover better from strokes, etc.

When I was in college, I worked in the architecture library. Almost every student there was a lefty.

My cousin was tortured as a child... his words... because they tried to make him write with his right hand. My aunt admits to following his teacher's instructions of tying his left hand to the chair so he couldn't use it, and having him practice writing his letters with his right hand. He hated it, and she hated seeing him miserable. She has since apologized to him.

My father was left-handed and went through that too. Kind of hard to imagine now.

I'm right handed but apparently ambi-eyed, meaning I sight a gun with my right eye but shoot a camera with my left.

When I went to school in 62, the nuns in my school no longer punished kids for writing with left hands, and they didn't *say* anything that I remember, but they glared so pointedly that you knew you were a terrible child. Of course, you didn't necessary know *why* you were a pariah.

I'm a lefty, but was taught to bat either way, and I use right handed clubs when golfing as my father said that it made more sense to learn that way - something about the power behind the swing coming from the non-dominate side??). I mouse with my right hand exclusively however.

I'm an artist (supposedly has something to do with being right brained - more creative, and the old school of thought was that lefties used their right brain more), and I am killer at lateral thinking and creative problem solving. I have no idea if that has any relation to which hand I am inclined to use the most.

Back
Top Bottom