How much time do you spend here?

How often do you read/post to this forum?

• 4 or more times each day

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 2 or 3 times each day

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • Once a day

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • 3 or 4 times each week

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • less often

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters
When I first found the site, I was on it CONSTANTLY. Now, I check for new threads a few times a week. Now that I am occupying my time with the study of law (I know, I know!) visits to ALL websites has been seriously curtailed.

Some days, a few times per day. Other days zero. While working it was probably a dozen times per day. These days in early retirement, I'm just not at a computer nearly as often.

I am curious how much time people spend here, when they are supposed to be working? Does your employer have a policy on this? If you spend a lot of time on here while at work, how do you justify it? I would think that if you spend a fair bit of time doing this at work, you have passed your "best before date" and you are ready (emotionally at least) for ER.

Good thing I didn't find this site until after I ER'd

The internet was already a huge time waste at work my last few months of "work", back in 1999. I'm not sure how people who are already burned out get anything with all the distraction of the internet.

To the OP I use to visit this site several times a day. Now most days I still check 2-3 times a day, but I often take a break of 2 to 7 days, like I did over the labor day weekend.

I check in 5-8 am and again 7-9 pm for a total of a couple of hours per day. Also occasionally during the day on my phone. I usually start with unread posts so that I can see what's new since my last visit.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Once a day, if I'm just hanging around the house, I'll usually search my recent posts and open each of those and scroll down to follow along the thread. I "shop" in "Recent Threads" if I've got nothing else to do. I figure I spend way too much time on this site, but it's entertaining.

I read these forums only at night, on my tablet, before going to sleep. It is one of my favorite forums, so I save it to enjoy at the end of each evening. I'm on Facebook, eBay and a few other forums throughout the day, but save this forum and Bogleheads to enjoy at the end of the day.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom