Votes: 71 27.1%
  • 50-59

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • over 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Gosh I am getting old. Older than 80% of respondents, thus far. Where did all of the old folks go?

Old Army Guy said:
Gosh I am getting old. Older than 80% of respondents, thus far. Where did all of the old folks go?

Jeeez, OAG! Where we all eventually end up, of course. Do ya' have to remind me? :-\ :LOL:

I turn 60 next month. Another reason that I am ....

Grumpy

When people ask me that question, I tell them that Uncle Sam paid for my plane ticket to Vietnam in 1962.

Of course, I was 3 at the time and transiting from Indonesia to Taiwan but I never mention that part.

Surprise, surprise we're mostly "Baby boomers". :LOL:

Bikerdude said:
Surprise, surprise we're mostly "Baby boomers". :LOL:
I notice that the kids (in their 20s) in my office just roll their eye when the subject of retirement savings comes up. On the other hand, so do some of the people in their 40s and 50s.

bssc said:
I notice that the kids (in their 20s) in my office just roll their eye when the subject of retirement savings comes up. On the other hand, so do some of the people in their 40s and 50s.

The same here, except everyone is in their 40s and 50s!!! I guess they plan to never retire, but to toil til the death! :dead:

There is one guy who is working on his second pension, since he retired from mega-nuke. He is very much the LBYM, saver/invester-type person.

The rest are stooges when it comes to retirement planning. They blow all of their available cash on crap, and save/invest NOTHING!!! I'd bet that I have more in my meager checking acct, than what they have saved....combined!!! Their 'golden' years will be made of tin! It must really suck to be them!!! :D

I FIRE in 74 days @ 50!!! :D

Me and the Tsar of all the Russias
were born in the same year 8)

Helena said:
Me and the Tsar of all the Russias
were born in the same year 8)

Okay - I've got to ask. Depending on how you figure it, the last Tsar was either Nicholas II (born 1868) or his brother Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich (born 1878). Are you 128 or 138 years old? :confused: :-* :LOL: :cool:

Both gentlemen received early retirements, but unfortunately did not live long enough to enjoy much of their pensions.

ijuba said:
Turned 50 yesterday - Retired Jan. 1 '07 :D

Jim - 50 is not such a bad place to be! I'll be 52 on Saturday, and I've been semi-retired since April.

On another note, Jim - I see you live in Charlottesville, VA. We visited there once, and found it really charming. We've thought of getting out of the busy-ness of the Baltimore-Washington area and moving to a slower area of Virginia or North Carolina. How long have you been in Charlottesville, and would you recommend it?

Thanks!
CJ

Whoops, never mind on my last post, Jim - I found your first post where you described Charlottesville. I get it, thanks!

CJ

haven't w*rked in over a year & a half. soon to be 50, i'm over 100 in gay years. looking through the online personals is like picking through the remains, not to see who's available but just to see who's left.

i'm the only person i know who doesn't use hair dye. in the bars i used to turn heads but now i'm just turning invisible. all the guys 10 & 20 years older than me don't even have grey hair yet (imagine that) and i get snubbed by 30 year olds who have already lost their hair (of course they shave what's left to look cool). i could probably get a date if only my pride didn't get in the way of my vanity. but i never was very good at setting priorities.

having lunch with family the other day i realize, as i do every time i see the kid, that i'm almost 40 years older than my niece. that's two generations apart; i'm freaking grandpa. of course i never know how old i am when i'm by myself and my arthritis isn't flairing up. i don't know when i'm not answering "how old are you?" questions for the umpteenth time. (umpteenth, that's an old man's term, i know because my ol' man used to use it--yikes, it's in the dictionary. i wonder for how long it's been there.)

maturity is optional. in my own mind i'm still a kid and everyone i meet is older than me. not that i was ever concerned about age before. i was never even curious about it. i don't understand why this subject comes up so often. i don't understand why hitler turns a subject off but ageism, even in its innocence, reigns forever in every forum.

in many ways i can't believe how old i am. and then i think of having already lost the three most important people in my life and i think of the 40 or even 50 years i might still be here without them and i think that i am too old and i am too young.

what a sad & funny world this is.

and i get snubbed by 30 year olds who have already lost their hair (of course they shave what's left to look cool).

LOL at that one. I'm 36 and have a nice, full head of hair, but tend to keep it buzzed pretty short, and usually much shorter on the sides than the top. It had been awhile since I let it grow out. The last time I did, I started noticing how much gray was in there. :eek: And one of my friends commented on it one day, saying something like "ooh, I see you're getting a little bit of gray around the temples...that looks distinguished!" AAUGH!! Needless to say, I buzzed it back off. :D

lazygood4nothinbum said:
haven't w*rked in over a year & a half. soon to be 50, i'm over 100 in gay years. looking through the online personals is like picking through the remains, not to see who's available but just to see who's left.

Lazy: You can deduct a lot of those years, for having a good sense of humor! (The best anti-aging medicine that I'm aware of). 8)

Congratulations Goonie, I'll bet those 74 73 days fly by real fast!

andre1969 very funny. i remember when i looked distinguished. that was right before i started looking old. i really did like the greyed temple look. i remember a guy in college who greyed in his 20s and i thought he looked really hot. but now that i'm 10 times more grey than my brother his kids think i'm the older sibling. stupid kids. and to think there was a time i couldn't stand being the younger.

when i get a haircut now, it's not so i'll have shorter hair but just so i don't glow so much. with the convertible top down in the florida sun i might be creating too much of a glare for traffic. but you might take warning though from a sienfeld episode. i'm not really into that program but i caught one scene which i thought funny. the female main character was dating this guy who kept his head buzzed for years. then he decided to let it grow only to find out he'd gone bald in the meantime. though he'd been wearing it bald for years, he was totally upset that he was bald. you might want to consider that the next time you buzz your grey.

jarhead, so you're saying those "laugh lines" alongside my eyes really do make me look younger? i'm just gonna take your word and leave it at that.

Moemg said:
Gay years ? Is that the same as older single female years :confused:?

oh, no dear. you're much older than i. lololololol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom