Votes: 71 27.1%
  • 50-59

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • 60-69

Votes: 18 6.9%
  • over 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The bad news is that I turned 60 on Saturday .The good news is my mother who is 90(and mentally sound in all other aspects ) can't remember my age .I'll always be 35 to her.

i'm impressed your mother let you grow to 35. mine pretty much kept me at 16. i think it's wonderful you still have yours though. enjoy her everyday.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i'm the only person i know who doesn't use hair dye. in the bars i used to turn heads but now i'm just turning invisible. all the guys 10 & 20 years older than me don't even have grey hair yet (imagine that) and i get snubbed by 30 year olds who have already lost their hair (of course they shave what's left to look cool).
You need to move to a more conservative environment. There are a lot of gays on Capitol Hill in DC. My gym is about 50% gay. The older guys look just like straight older guys. Of course they may all be in committed relationships. :'(

lazygood4nothinbum said:
i don't understand why this subject comes up so often. i don't understand why hitler turns a subject off but ageism, even in its innocence, reigns forever in every forum.

Next thing you know there will be a "post your picture" thread. :LOL: :LOL:

I really feel old at 60 now. I'm going to have to go Luby's Cafeteria tonight for an early dinner so I can feel young again.
Jake46

Jake46 said:
I really feel old at 60 now. I'm going to have to go Luby's Cafeteria tonight for an early dinner so I can feel young again.

Or go food shopping at 10am any weekday morning.

Trek said:
35, retired in June 2006

Spanky said:
What's the secret of ER so "early"?

Being taught to save money at an early age and following through. That and a high tech job in your 20's while applying the principles you were taught as a kid. Oh, and ERing in Eastern Europe where life is way, way cheaper. No secret, I don't have a ton of money, but enough for the way I want to live. :)

Trek said:
Being taught to save money at an early age and following through. That and a high tech job in your 20's while applying the principles you were taught as a kid. Oh, and ERing in Eastern Europe where life is way, way cheaper. No secret, I don't have a ton of money, but enough for the way I want to live. :)
Trek,
Thanks for your insight. There is no doubt that ER is cheaper elsewhere.

Spanky

Retire Soon said:
Congratulations Goonie, I'll bet those 74 73 days fly by real fast!

The end of the trail is near! My supervisor came back to w*rk today, after being off on med leave for a while. He's had me training my replacement for the past 3 weeks....today he moved me out of 'my' lab, and told me to move out to the workshop. The trainee is now the lab tech! YEA!!!

My move to the workshop isn't a demotion nor a promotion.....it's simply "out of sight...out of mind". He NEVER goes out to the workshop!!! YEA!!! All I have to do is get a comfy chair out there.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!! :D

Leonidas said:
Okay - I've got to ask. Depending on how you figure it, the last Tsar was either Nicholas II (born 1868) or his brother Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich (born 1878). Are you 128 or 138 years old? :confused: :-* :LOL: :cool:

Both gentlemen received early retirements, but unfortunately did not live long enough to enjoy much of their pensions.

I was referring to Tsar Vladimir [ Putin ] 8)

He received an exact copy of Russia's famous autocratic crown
on his 50th birthday... I didn't get anythng near that expensive
or symbolic ;)

Helena said:
He received an exact copy of Russia's famous autocratic crown
on his 50th birthday... I didn't get anythng near that expensive
or symbolic ;)

don't have a crown, but I do have one of the cups that was thrown out at Nicholas's coronation in 1896. Has the date and the czar's coat of arms on it, and his initials in Cyrillic. My family emigrated to Canada from Russia in the 20s. The cup floated up onto my grandparents porch during the Fraser River flood of 1948. Because they had lived in Russia, they recognized what it was.

They mention these cups in the book "Nicholas and Alexandra." Beer was served in them and people were hurt stampeding for them when they were thrown out to the crowd.

DW took it once to an appraiser who basically said "it isn't worth much--only about $1000. But don't sell it (not that I ever would). Donate it to a museum ifyou get tired of it. If it were a Barbie Doll, it would be worth some money, but there's no market for this kind of stuff."

I thought that was pretty funny. It sits on my piano and I contemplate it from time to time....

bosco said:
DW took it once to an appraiser who basically said "it isn't worth much--only about $1000. But don't sell it (not that I ever would). Donate it to a museum ifyou get tired of it. If it were a Barbie Doll, it would be worth some money, but there's no market for this kind of stuff."

It sits on my piano and I contemplate it from time to time....

keep it...

... the Romanovs are back ;)

Back
Top Bottom