How to own a handgun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Texas so I am not sure what other states offer the Virtual Training from Gander Mountain or similar. I have talked to a few people that were first timers with weapons and it was very helpful to them. Basically my understanding is they have taken technology and used it to take firearm training to the next level "electronically." I haven't taken this training personally myself.
There have been allot of good suggestions made here but IMO do not get you first experiences training with a friend etc because some of us have accidentally developed bad habits and don't realize it. Not everyone but several of "us" have over the years. Definitely protect your ears and eyes and when you buy your weapon buy quality. Quality doesn't mean expensive. I see someone mentioned a model 1911, not meant negative but IMO not the best "first" selection. On the shooters insurance chose wisely if you go this route and read the fine print. As we all know keep your weapons secure from kids and "grown up kids". The new biometric technology for safes has come a long way and is highly recommended for looking into for events that go bump in the night. Definitely get to know your laws and the jurisdiction in which you will have your weapon with you. In getting to know the laws I wouldn't take the average "joes" logic but take it upon yourself to gather this knowledge. Most of all enjoy yourself in this new experience. Good luck!!

Last edited:
Good advice on seeking out a range that offers instructions with an instructor.

[mod edit]

I bought my sig p229 10 years ago at cabelas. It was around $550 then...now the same exact gun is priced between $900-$1000. Its ridiculous. I like my sig but ill never purchase one again. Ill go with a glock for my next gun. At least they're reasonably priced.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom