I found a Doctor that still makes house calls

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was boo-hooing about how its almost impossible to get my mother out of the house to go to a doctor. I really cant get her into the car without man handling her. I found a Doctor that comes to the house, I cant believe it, in 2017 Doctors still do home visits. They came 2 days after i called. Took a huge load off of me. I wanted to share it with others that might be in need. I was already stressing getting her the flu shot, problem is now solved.

We pay to be in a concierge type practice and the contract stipulates that the docs will make house calls if it is necessary. I'm sure they would send a nurse to a bedridden customer in order to give a flu shot. It ain't cheap, but it is a very high service option.

We pay to be in a concierge type practice and the contract stipulates that the docs will make house calls if it is necessary. I'm sure they would send a nurse to a bedridden customer in order to give a flu shot. It ain't cheap, but it is a very high service option.

I agree, Its worth every dime.

I was boo-hooing about how its almost impossible to get my mother out of the house to go to a doctor. I really cant get her into the car without man handling her. I found a Doctor that comes to the house, I cant believe it, in 2017 Doctors still do home visits. They came 2 days after i called. Took a huge load off of me. I wanted to share it with others that might be in need. I was already stressing getting her the flu shot, problem is now solved.

Doctors, cops, fireman, they are all easily available to order. You just choose male or female then they show up and dance. They even bring their own music. Tip well! :)

Doctors, cops, fireman, they are all easily available to order. You just choose male or female then they show up and dance. They even bring their own music. Tip well! :)

I knew the phone number to get the the cops, and firemen to show up :D. I honestly thought house call doctors had gone the way of the dinosaur. I was telling all the neighbors, they all were as shocked as I was .

My daughter is a nurse, graduated BSN a few years ago. One of her former room-mates/classmates got a job doing "home health care", going to people's homes to administer meds and do check ups. So it does happen.

My former Doc started the concierge thing. Didn't make sense for me, and it was big $, but come to think of it, like BCG's situation, that might have been excellent when my Mom needed a lot of care at home, if it included visits to the house/home. I was always nervous getting her in/out of the car for a Doctor's appointment. Unsteady on her feet, hard to get her in/out of a wheelchair or walker. It was hard on both of us. Not sure how that works with medicare though.

-ERD50

My family Doc will still make house-calls to his home-bound patients. Before my Dad passed away, he was unable to get out and about, and Doc would stop by on his way home to check on my him, and there was never any charge for it. He's also available anytime, day or night, for his patients.....again at no charge.

We had to call him at about 2:30 a.m. once time for my Dad. We told him what was going on, he put us on 'hold' for a minute or two, came back on and told us to get him to the ER, he had arranged for a private room for him, and they would take him up to it. And he told us he would meet us there within the hour. He met us, took care of Dad, and then went back home to bed for a couple hours. He was back out there at 5:30 a.m., before he went to his office. Then came back when he left the office at 5:30 p.m. He's an awesome Doctor and an awesome friend!

Back
Top Bottom