I got a used LCD monitor for only $20 at Goodwill

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I picked up a used LCD monitor for only $20 at a Goodwill. It's a 17" one with only a couple of minor scratches. Other than that works great. Normally it listed at $40, but a few days ago, Goodwill had there 50% off sale. Surpised to see a LCD monitor as there's usually lots of old CRT types.

I'm surprised, too. Local thrift store has lots of CRT monitors for $2.

I have never seen the lcd monitors at any of those stores for around $20.00. Good find.

I cruised our Goodwill store last week and they had three nearly identical Dell computers for $175 each. Small hard drives (80GB), P4 processors, about 2GB of RAM, loaded with Win XP and a good set of open source software (the Open Office suite, Firefox, etc). Each came with keyboard, mouse, and a 17" LCD monitor. I guess the Goodwill folks are taking in computers, hopefully scrubbing the HD, loading cheap basic software, testing them and shrink-wrapping them for sale. It's not a screaming good deal, but would be just the thing for someone needing just the basics at a good price. And, you can take it back if it doesn't work.

What a bargain! Bet you felt pretty happy when you spotted it. :D

Actually I had spotted it the day before the 50% sale. No doubt the following day as soon as the door opened I quickly put the monitor in my shopping cart!

I cruised our Goodwill store last week and they had three nearly identical Dell computers for $175 each. Small hard drives (80GB), P4 processors, about 2GB of RAM, loaded with Win XP and a good set of open source software (the Open Office suite, Firefox, etc). Each came with keyboard, mouse, and a 17" LCD monitor. I guess the Goodwill folks are taking in computers, hopefully scrubbing the HD, loading cheap basic software, testing them and shrink-wrapping them for sale. It's not a screaming good deal, but would be just the thing for someone needing just the basics at a good price. And, you can take it back if it doesn't work.

Samclem,

I haven't seen a computer in a Goodwill in awhile. By me, they used to carry them. But then stopped I think to not violate copyright laws. However, now it looks like they are allowed to have them again, such as in the store near you.

When I got that LCD monitor, there was also a laser printer for only $14 that looked in great condition. It did power on, but I didn't know how to do a self-test print with that. Plus I didn't need one.

Back
Top Bottom