I have not yet received new Medicare card

harllee

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I live in North Carolina and am on Medicare. My husband and I have not yet received our new Medicare cards. Most of our friends in North Carolina have received their new cards. DH just received an email from Medicare entitled "You should have received your Medicare card--what to do if you have not received your Medicare card" DH got on his personal Medicare online account and it said that his Medicare card has not been mailed yet, the online map shows that North Carolina cards are being mailed. DH tried to call Medicare but was just put on hold with a long wait.

Anyone else not received their Medicare card yet? How does Medicare determine the order in which to mail the cards?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Per Medicare, North Carolina mailing was done in August and has been completed. We are in KY and not yet received our cards but they are in the process of mailing to KY now. You can go on My Social Security and click on a link to request a replacement card.

DH also received the 'what to do if you haven't rec'd your card' e-mail. Medicare had completed the mailing in our state. I unfortunately didn't look at the bottom where in small print it said DH had to call and confirm his address even though Medicare and SS had been using this address :facepalm:. We use a UPS mail box due to mail theft in our area and my guess is that Medicare requires everyone not with a true residence address to call and verify their address.

IIRC, didn't you have identity theft issues recently? My guess is they want to talk to you to verify your identity prior to mailing out the new card.

Trvlbug, thanks for the advice, we finally got through on the Medicare phone after a long wait. Both my husband and my files said that we needed to confirm our address before the cards could be mailed. So we did that and we will receive the new cards in a month or so. They couldn't tell us why the address confirmation was required. I was the victim of identity theft last winter so that could be it.

I wish government agencies like Medicare, SS, etc. would hire enough people so you would not be put on hold for so long.

Trvlbug, thanks for the advice, we finally got through on the Medicare phone after a long wait. Both my husband and my files said that we needed to confirm our address before the cards could be mailed. So we did that and we will receive the new cards in a month or so. They couldn't tell us why the address confirmation was required. I was the victim of identity theft last winter so that could be it.

I wish government agencies like Medicare, SS, etc. would hire enough people so you would not be put on hold for so long.

DH lucked out and only was on hold for 5 minutes or so. The new cards came about 2 weeks later, even though they advised us it would take a month.

It is the first week of the Medicare annual enrollment period (AEP). The first and last week of AEP are the worst times of year to call.

But I have always had long holds for SS and Medicare (especially SS, sometimes the holds for SS are 2 hours).

Received mine today. It was forwarded from our Southern base home to the upper Midwest.

Back
Top Bottom