If You Could Change One Thing About Your Personality, What Would You Change?

Double ditto on this. But I like the way you put it "standing in line twice for logic". :D

But I don't know if I *really* want to change this, although I have considered taking classes in empathy and tact if I could find someone to give the lecture.

Ought to be plenty guys here ready and willing to help. :)

1. I´d like to be a lot less afraid of physical pain.
2. I´d like to be interested/amused by ordinary people/little things.
3. I´d like to be more assertive without overreacting or being rude.
4. I´d like to be more gregarious.
I could go on and on....

I have changed the things about my personality that I truly wanted to change, what's left is bad enough though...

Well, where do I start. OK, I've had contractors say they were coming to my house numerous times and just never show up or call. The place where I bought my tires said they would pro rate my defective tires and jerked me around for months. Eyeglass place said one price and gave me a bill for another price. Roofing guy told me that he nailed my tiles back after a repair. The next day I had a solar guy over and he said he almost killed himself as a bunch of tiles were not nailed down.

I can go on and on, I can't believe you haven't experienced this type of treatment in Florida. As someone else said it's the laid back life style. But there are also plenty of scam artists down here.

Now I know there is some of this type of behavior everywhere but there's a lot more down here. I guess this is what you have to put up with to live in paradise. (heh)

I am at this very moment at home(here in western PA) waiting for an HVAC technician to show up to check out my furnace before winter. I took vacation time after lunch to be home early, and he should have been here. I called the company an hour ago to confirm that I was on the schedule and was told he "might" come. I asked if they would call me to let me know for sure. They said "Yes". This firm was recommended to me by a friend who used them when she needed a new furnace. If they don't show today, I won't reschedule with them. Haven't had any problems with the furnace as it is new(5 years old) but people keep telling me you are supposed to get them "checked". I do change the filter a couple of times a year. In any case I have a problem with assertiveness that I am overcoming by sheer necessity. I just expect people to do what they are supposed to do without having to tussle with them.

1. To not be so serious so much of the time.
2. To be more "tactful" and not speak my mind as much.
3. To not over-analyze or try to figure out what others are thinking.
4. ...

Man, I have a lot of faults that I need to work on.

1. To not be so serious so much of the time.
2. To be more "tactful" and not speak my mind as much.
3. To not over-analyze or try to figure out what others are thinking.
4. ...

Man, I have a lot of faults that I need to work on.
Ditto me for #1 and #2, but not #3. My (related) #3 is probably to resist competing at everything I do. I've gotten much better, but I still have a good ways to go. Life is too short...

I find it difficult to be assertive, even blunt with people to get a point across when that approach is exactly what is needed. I'm so diplomatic that I sometimes miss a chance to help them, because it means hurting their feelings. Some really positive turning points in my life came when someone who cared about me wasn't afraid to get in my face to get my attention.

Me, too. Most of the time my self-control has been a good trait, but there are times I should have held my ground more firmly.

I also find that I have a hard time arguing with people. I get more frustrated than mad and just shut off. Again, it's OK for most things, probably kept me out of fights, but sometimes communication is more important than avoiding conflicts. I had to write DH an email recently because I couldn't calmly express how I felt in person.

I'm too judgmental. I have no tolerance for [-]crap[/-] mediocrity. INTJ all the way!

Thing is, I'm not sure I want to change. Everyone else should change!

I'm too judgmental. I have no tolerance for [-]crap[/-] mediocrity. INTJ all the way!

Thing is, I'm not sure I want to change. Everyone else should change!

I once took a personality test & that was my result: "What's wrong with you people?"

Tact is not high on the list for INTJs and ISTJs, last I checked. We are definitely the "what is wrong with YOU people" personality type. LOL!

bbbamI...Right...and I'm a monkey's uncle! ;)

Tact is not high on the list for INTJs and ISTJs, last I checked. We are definitely the "what is wrong with YOU people" personality type. LOL!

I was once an INTJ but over the years I have changed... yo can tooo:rolleyes:

I am totally lacking in tact.

Whut? Nobody believes me?
sFun_bubblegum.gif

I am at this very moment at home(here in western PA) waiting for an HVAC technician to show up to check out my furnace before winter. I took vacation time after lunch to be home early, and he should have been here.

I was home yesterday also waiting for my furnace inspection. No problem for me since I'm retired. Another reason that I really love retirement.:whistle:

One thing? I have to choose just one thing?
Oh gosh, I can't decide, I can't decide.
What am I going to do?

That is me exactly. Every time that I read a different one, I would think yeah, I would like to change that also. I guess I would learn to be more decisive.

Back
Top Bottom