Ignore list question

I few years ago I tried to put redduck on the "ignore list". I wasn't allowed to do so. I tried again this morning and was denied again with the message: "We can't help you ignore yourself". I've been patient waiting for this problem to be fixed, but now I'm becoming frustrated. I think it's not fair that EVERYBODY on this board can ignore me but me. (I know, life's not fair).

I few years ago I tried to put redduck on the "ignore list". I wasn't allowed to do so. I tried again this morning and was denied again with the message: "We can't help you ignore yourself". I've been patient waiting for this problem to be fixed, but now I'm becoming frustrated. I think it's not fair that EVERYBODY on this board can ignore me but me. (I know, life's not fair).
If it will help, I'll volunteer to ignore you. Talk it over with yourself and let me know.

If it will help, I'll volunteer to ignore you. Talk it over with yourself and let me know.

Wow, REWahoo, you acted with such lightening speed to help me out. Your willingness to sacrifice so much certainly is impressive and has not gone unnoticed by me. But, I haven't yet had the time to talk to myself regarding your offer--but, it sure is tempting.

Is there a good reason (i.e. not one that stems from "because we own the joint") that forum members are forbidden to add a moderator or admin to their ignore lists?

I suspect that the reason is that when a moderator decides to take you out back to the woodshed (as has happened to me a few times:blush:) you will know what is going on.

Is there some way to find out how many ignore lists I'm on?
I'd like to keep score.:)

I can see a problem if I am allowed to ignore myself. It would have meant that the moment I hit "Submit", my post would disappear as I could not see it. And why would I want to read it again?

Ah, a simple reason. I hate grammar and typo errors, particularly the ones I make. I am perhaps the person who most often edits his own posts. I wonder if the forum software records the edits, but if it does I think I bag the grand prize.

Anyway, even after all that editing, I often look back at my posts and see a glaring error that drives me up the wall, as the edit period has expired and the error is cast in stone for the whole world to see. I can't stand it.

So, if I can ignore myself, I will still have to sneak a peek every so often at my posts to see if there are remaining errors. That increases the workload, and I am supposed to be retired and relaxed.

I don't have anybody on ignore. Makes me feel better about myself to read what the bat guano crazy people have to say.

While there are some I don't agree with, they're fun to watch!

An operational note: the easily-clicked "Add x to your ignore list" feature of posts does not work on any Moderator Emeritus, however if you navigate to your ignore list you can manually add a Moderator Emeritus by name there.

An operational note: the easily-clicked "Add x to your ignore list" feature of posts does not work on any Moderator Emeritus, however if you navigate to your ignore list you can manually add a Moderator Emeritus by name there.
You're entirely welcome - not that you can see this. :LOL:

Hmm... In Windows, for file operations you can click on "Select All" to choose all files. So, can this forum have a similar "Ignore All" button? :cool:

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues. :LOL:

Well, maybe not, as the mods can still read your rants and lock you out. I guess you'll know when that happens if you can't log in. :)

Hmm... In Windows, for file operations you can click on "Select All" to choose all files. So, can this forum have a similar "Ignore All" button? :cool:

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues. :LOL: ...

There were a few former posters who seemed to live by that rule! :) They would post a 'naked link', or ask some 'hot button' question, and then never comment on the thread that they started.

I think I've suggested to a few of them that they can start their own blog and disable comments if they just want to hear (see?) themselves talk (post?).

-ERD50

A reason that I keep coming back to this forum--only on rare occasions does someone show up with an ax to grind or a salesperson approach--and those threads quickly die. Once in awhile there is a little spat, but virtually everyone here that posts has enough intelligence that when a spat occurs, the one doing the attacking soon appears to be the fool, and they are intelligent enough to quickly grasp that. I don't need to actively ignore, I just skip their threads and their posts entirely.

That could be interesting as you then only see your own posts (assuming that what redduck said was true about not being able to ignore self), and you have the entire forum to yourself for ranting monologues. :LOL:

Well, maybe not, as the mods can still read your rants and lock you out. I guess you'll know when that happens if you can't log in. :)

So, then, boys and girls, this is how forum member cantlogin got his name.
Next week we will learn about how he got his gender.

cantlogin
Gender Male
City/Town Pocono Mtns. State Pennsylvania

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom