Insulating ideas for basement bathroom

Anecdotal evidence: over the last 25 years i would bet we have replaced or repaired 1/2 of the bathroom floors in our rentals. Water goes where it wishes, and the first separation in the silicone seam betwixt tub and linoleum is followed by a renter bathing her kid and slopping water, or leaving a soggy bathmat overlapping that seam or... I accept that the floor will rot out, the sheet goods will stain from water getting to the backing, and that the floor will need replacing. As for leveling for the new floor, all the vinyl guys i know just spead level-ease or a similiar bonding grout type product to ease level transitions in repaired areas. Never seen pressure treated wood used in a bathroom, but not familiar with high-end new construction, so maybe....

But anyhoo....i'm not going down that route....just needed a heated pooper to solve my problems! i'll post a review...no pics

Good choice. You know, if the heated seat doesn't work out, you could just drape an immersion heater into the bowl--nice and toasty 180 deg F water beneath the seat could be quite a luxury. Wait, there could be a problem with this . . .

Good choice. You know, if the heated seat doesn't work out, you could just drape an immersion heater into the bowl--nice and toasty 180 deg F water beneath the seat could be quite a luxury. Wait, there could be a problem with this . . .

what a shocking suggestion. ;)

Only on the interweb can complete strangers argue this vehemently about bathroom subfloor materials.

Back
Top Bottom