Intro...

AFloat

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi,
I’m 54 and my wife and I have just decided to stop working (ER?) and move onto our boat, a 44’ Defever trawler for those who know, after spending the last 9 years as independent computer consultants. We’re going to sell our house and just cruise around the PNW in our boat for the next few years. We don’t have pensions so we’ll be living off of our savings and retirement accounts, when we get old enough to draw on them, but we have enough to consider ourselves FIRE ready.

We’ve wanted to do this for many years and feel that we need to do it now while we’re healthy and have a few dollars. Life is to short and all that…

This forum looks like a good group of people with discussions that are relevant to what we’re doing. I know that I’ll learn some things and I hope I can contribute.

Awesome! It sounds like a fantastic few years ahead. I'm jealous.

Coach

Welcome. Your plans sound like everyone's dream.

This will be a great place to get a sanity check on the numbers if you ever feel the need. Pretty humbling at first, but immensely helpful in the end.

Welcome aboard! We will demand many pictures posted as your fee for membership! ;)

I have a hunch you won't regret this adventure!

Welcome! A Defever 44 ought to be nice for several years afloat.

We did the same on the east coast, with a Grand Banks. We met several cruisers who had made the long trip south, through the Panama Canal, and back up the East coast to cruise on that side.

dory36

Back
Top Bottom