Investment Interest Expense deduction going forward

DanP

Recycles dryer sheets
Apologies in advance if I missed a current thread on this, could not find one.

Thoughts on what it looks like for this expense remaining deductible going forward, or just too early to tell?

The thread you missed is in the Public Policy sub forum.

Until a tax bill is passed and signed into law, it is too early to tell anything about any change - including if there will actually be a tax bill.
The last significant reform (1986) took approximately two years. A colleague of mine worked on it the entire time. Even with favorable political environment they thought it was dead until the last 6 months.

I worked on a minor part as a part time activity for about six months and it never even made it to committee.:mad:

The last significant reform (1986) took approximately two years. A colleague of mine worked on it the entire time. Even with favorable political environment they thought it was dead until the last 6 months.

I worked on a minor part as a part time activity for about six months and it never even made it to committee.:mad:

So you were the reason........:LOL:

The thread you missed is in the Public Policy sub forum.

So I'm guessing the other thread was shutdown and deleted for inappropriate posts? I don't understand what would cause the thread to be completely deleted vs removing the offending posts.

It wasn't deleted. It was closed. I guess "bring it on" brings porky.

Politicians use imaginative and descriptive language to gather support for their initiatives. More often than not, it ends up being little more than campaign rhetoric. Like most marketing - the advertising has little to do with the product and even less relevance to the performance.

Our concern here is how this tax bill works and how it affects us, not how it's described by the media or to the public, or how equitable it is. The reason we want to keep all that rhetoric out of the thread is because it opens the dialog to other more irrelevant and generic partisan political rhetoric as well, and that overtakes and pushes aside the more relevant discussion on nuts and bolts.

So, let's keep this thread on the inner-workings.

It wasn't deleted. It was closed. I guess "bring it on" brings porky.

Ok thanks. I see it now but I still think it was not listed when I checked before if that's possible. At least I see why it was closed but still don't understand. At least we can still reference some of the useful content.

Ok thanks. I see it now but I still think it was not listed when I checked before if that's possible. At least I see why it was closed but still don't understand. At least we can still reference some of the useful content.

They can disappear momentarily.

Way too early to tell. My SWAG is that this provision will not happen, but I've been wrong a time or two. If it were to happen, the housing market would likely take a hit, so there's that... YMMV

Back
Top Bottom