Iphone 13 and Older Chargers

Keep in mind that running the battery very low can be just as or more damaging to the battery as keeping it at 100%
I think dropping the battery to a low level is probably worse than charging to 100% on an iPhone. For most fast charging (up to 80%), an iPhone can get quite warm. Heat is the number one enemy for battery life in an iPhone, so charging from a very low level means the iPhone will stay warmer for a longer period of time (with fast charging). Once the battery is charged to 80%, the charging is slowed and the heat buildup disappears.

We have 11 month-old iPhone 13s that we use with Apple's 20W fast-chargers and Apple cables. No problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
It was always my understanding that charging to 100% is the main culprit in battery degradation over time. I have my Galaxy S21 set to only charge to 85%. If I foresee a need for some extra capacity, I will charge it higher but that's pretty unusual.

I use the charge to 85% setting on my Samsung (A53) too, plus I disable fast charging as slow charging is also supposed to extend battery life.

Back
Top Bottom