Is it patriotic to spend rather than to save ?

Moving does that to people - - I probably got rid of 80% of my stuff last year, furniture and all, and most of it seemed like worthless junk to me.

Right - I just don't want that much "stuff" anymore. However, moving is on my horizon, so maybe my perspective will change in the future. At present, though, my attitude is more My God, where did all this cr*p come from:confused:

It is a very interesting article. However, I find the whole idea of the government promoting either spending or saving to be annoying. They should shut up and get out of the way.

There is one good thing about pro-spending governmental programs. They make it easier for me to 'just say no" to buying stuff. Whatver the government wants me to do, I know is not in my best interests.

I really don't care what gadgets come along. I have reached the point where the learning curve and the time necessary to comprehend each new fantastically complicated piece of gadgety junk cannot be compensated by anything that the gadget could conceivably do. Plus, the stuff so frequently breaks, presenting one with a whole other list of hoops to jump.

Same with vacations. Keep 'em. Phoney packaged and marketed experiences, bad food, terrible airline service, add it all up and it is hard for me to come up with a suitable fee to charge for being willing to endure a vacation.

Ha...I agree with this.

That said, I did my part today to stimulate the economy. One of my schnauzers developed diabetes in October. I spent $156 dollars for a good supply of Hills prescription dog food and $70.00 at Walmart on insulin, lancets and test strips. My schnauzer has done a lot since October to stimulate the economy! (pancreatic crisis, UTI, diabetic supplies, lab work...etc.)!

Public displays of and/or declarations of patriotism generally make me uncomfortable. I would prefer that each person do what they consider to be patriotic in their own private way, like prayer and masturbation.

Public displays of and/or declarations of patriotism generally make me uncomfortable. I would prefer that each person do what they consider to be patriotic in their own private way, like prayer and masturbation.

+1, I have more passports than most people, but I'm almost completely without patriotism, except when it comes to select sporting events. I save and invest more than I spend, so while I don't inject money into the economy with lots of spending, I am buying equities and bonds and I assume someone is using my money for something as I keep getting dividends.

I would prefer that each person do what they consider to be patriotic in their own private way, like prayer and masturbation.
Prayer is often linked with patriotism, but this is the first time I learned that masturbation is a patriotic act. I wish I had known that when i was a teenager!

Ha

Back
Top Bottom