It's Wednesday weigh ins! 2007-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I am back from vacation ... I had gained 5 pounds during my trip but I have burned it off already.. Still looking to make the next big reduction but it just is not coming...

Good work. I'm still trying to lose the last of the 4lbs I put on during my vacation in September. I find that it comes on real easy but is a bugger to get back off :p

Wild Success!!!

3 weeks in FL providing "home health care assistance" for DM and did not GAIN a single pound!! Not easy, the way M&D eat.

Still 332. Home again. Time to start losing again.

I am 56, 6 feet tall, weighing 207. I would like to get back down in the 190's but it is difficult. I can drop a couple of pounds during the week days, and then gain it back with one meal during the weekend. I am Methodist, and they always like to eat.

212 this morning (a day late!), down from about 223 a month ago, with about 25 more to go. I'm being cognizant of eating just to keep occupied, only eating moderate portions when I'm hungry, drinking a lot of water and walking the dog 30-45 minutes a day about 6 days a week. That's all there is to it.

Congrats ziggy ! I am stuck at about 200 and have been for about 3 months. I guess that is better than gaining. Changed my workouts so hopefully I can get past this plateau.

Gained a little the last couple weeks as I approached my half marathon date. Ran it with DW and we had a blast, not my personal best but it was fun to do it together. I'm taking advantage of this training level to run my first marathon in January. The runs are already getting looooong. A week from Sunday I have a 15 miler. :p

206 right now, up 4. I'm only 6' 2" so I should be around 180.

Laurencewill,
I ran a half marathon last Sunday too (on my own just to see if I could go that far). I agree that is a loooong way, I am not really sure what I am running all that way for, no real plans to race but I do enjoy the scenery. Last time I ran that far was 15 years ago. Gee I wish I was "only" 6'2" but I am 5' 9" and my best weight runs around 170 any lower than that I begin to lose muscle mass and begin to lose strength. Keep us updated on your progress, I am very interested in how you get to the distance.

:) All I meant is my weight would be ideal for someone 6' 4".

Will do, I really want to accomplish this!

Have any of you guys read that book "Younger Next Year"? I bought it for DH, and just started reading it last night. Very interesting presentation--"dude-ish" sort of language that I think will reach guys better than most blah blah blah exercise and nutrition books. I would really recommend taking a look at it for some inspiration.

Interesting that my weight has held steady at 144-147 with the 80/20 efforts we've done the last few months. After a 2 week hiatus, I was back at the gym last night, and I sure feel it today! Still pretty happy at that weight, but we'll see in Jan what my body fat % story will be.

You go, Laurence, that is so awesome to have such a big hairy audacious goal! :)
Sarah

175 this morning. Not bad - top end of my target range.

I've been on vacation this week so have been getting in more exercise than usual. Thanksgiving day we go on a charity walk (3 miles) to try and burn a few calories before the eating begins.

Have any of you guys read that book "Younger Next Year"? I bought it for DH, and just started reading it last night. Very interesting presentation--"dude-ish" sort of language that I think will reach guys better than most blah blah blah exercise and nutrition books. I would really recommend taking a look at it for some inspiration.

I've just added it to my Christmas wish list - thanks for the suggestion.

189.2 this morning!

At this point I figure that three of the four digits are fine (it's that "9" that's a little bit of a problem), so I'm happy about that.

I'm not sure where I was when I last reported here, but I had been as high as about 205 this year, so I'm counting down from there. Ideal is somewhere around 180 depending on muscle.

My kids are noticing the weight loss and commenting on it, which is very nice.

Have scheduled myself to do an Oly triathlon that I did about four or five years ago. My first goal is to beat my time from before, my second goal is to finish in under 3:00 (I'm a middle-to-back-of-the-pack fellow, but I enjoyed it the first time I think!).

2Cor521

No posts here for a few weeks -- guess there's Christmas candy lying about.

No posts here for a few weeks -- guess there's Christmas candy lying about.

I expect there'll be a few of us looking for support and encouragement in the New Year to lose a few pounds:D

I actually joined the local YMCA a couple of weeks ago with a friend, so we are using each other to stay motivated.

I haven't been weighing myself as for me it's much more about the inches rather than the number on the scale. I figure once I can actually breathe in my favourite jeans I will know that I am on the right track.

I actually joined the local YMCA a couple of weeks ago with a friend, so we are using each other to stay motivated.

I haven't been weighing myself as for me it's much more about the inches rather than the number on the scale. I figure once I can actually breathe in my favourite jeans I will know that I am on the right track.

Funny you should say that - I am wearing my favorite jeans while staying at my daughter's place over Christmas and I was thinking exactly those thoughts :p

Joining the YMCA with a friend is a great idea - DW and I signed up 3 years ago for the same reason and it really is better having 2 of you going to keep motivated. I also recommend that you sign up for the YMCA "Fitlinxx". It is free and you can either sign in on-line and log all your exercises or at the YMCA where they have easy to use stations. Whether at the gymn or walking or cycling etc, you track your monthly and weekly progress. I have set myself a personal target of 9,000 points each month which is the equivalent of exercising for 60 minutes a day.

You can find out more about the program at FITLINXX - Your Partner in Fitness and Healthy Living

Some YMCA facilities have their weight machines hooked up to Fitlinxx so that most of the time you don't have to manually keep track of what you do.

Alan, I think my Y has a similar thing, it is a technowave key which records my workout and automatically sets my machines for me. I register before I start my workout and then when I finish I check out. It allows the trainers to monitor my progress. It really is great because by using the key I don't have to think about what position I need to have the various bits and it adjusts the weight automatically for the majority of my workout.

Alan, I think my Y has a similar thing, it is a technowave key which records my workout and automatically sets my machines for me. I register before I start my workout and then when I finish I check out. It allows the trainers to monitor my progress. It really is great because by using the key I don't have to think about what position I need to have the various bits and it adjusts the weight automatically for the majority of my workout.

Isn't it just great :D If it wasn't for the computer system I'd have to carry around a piece of paper just to remember the settings on each machine.

Went to the gym today and stuck my handy little key in the slot and off I went. I am thinking about signing up for the 12 week challenge that starts in early January where they measure your fitness and your bits and bobs and track to see how you go against your age group. I thought it might help me stay motivated, that fear of being at the bottom of my age group.

Went to the gym today and stuck my handy little key in the slot and off I went. I am thinking about signing up for the 12 week challenge that starts in early January where they measure your fitness and your bits and bobs and track to see how you go against your age group. I thought it might help me stay motivated, that fear of being at the bottom of my age group.

Do it !!

The FitLinxx thing has the features where you can see how you rank against various age groups plus male/female. Having targets and rankings can be a good motivator

176 this morning - 1lb above my target range. Not bad considering last few days away eating and drinking

I like the sound of that! I'm so competitive anyway! :)

I'm at 150 today, five lbs above where I'm trying to stay--the Christmas holiday was very good to me! I've started back with the journal and at the gym every day once more! My sister started working with our trainer, so we doubled up one day when DH was sick--and our competitive nature kicked in! I was sore for days!

I'm at 150 today, five lbs above where I'm trying to stay--the Christmas holiday was very good to me! I've started back with the journal and at the gym every day once more! My sister started working with our trainer, so we doubled up one day when DH was sick--and our competitive nature kicked in! I was sore for days!

Christmas holiday treats have "stuck" on me, too - despite working out while on our Christmas vacation! I gained 3#, up to 137, but this morning back down to 136 - so part of it is water fluctuation. I've been taking measurements, though, all along, and have only gone up ~ 1/4 inch on my hips. Hoping to take it right back off. I've been doing a new dance fitness workout that I absolutely love! Although I haven't lost much weight over the past few months, I've lost almost an inch on my hips, and my clothes fit much better. I can truly say I can see it converting over to muscle:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom