Jerry Falwell dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
SamHouston said:
.... But then again, hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.

Yup..

What is hypocritical about thinking the deceased is a worthless hating creep?

I thought the same when he was alive.

Tell me of his positive qualities.

saluki9 said:
There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

You really didnt expect any better from them did you?

saluki9 said:
There are some really dark hearted folks here, it's pretty upsetting to see people's reaction to an event which certainly is causing his family great pain.

How can they feel great pain when they know he has been called to heaven?

bssc said:
I hope that he passed over safely and can deal with being reincarnated as a gay Haitian liberal.

hey! we don't want him. though i used to half-joke about a rather bigoted ex-acquaintance of mine that he (the aquaintance) was going to come back as an etheopian jewish lesbian.

SamHouston said:
hypocrites seldom recognize themselves in the mirror. That's just a fact of life.

since when is it hypocritical to cast out the first stone thrower.

even if i am normally a man of peace just going about my day and someone sucker punches me, when i gather myself, do not be surprised if i take measure to prevent myself from being hit again. does it make me a hypocrite to make safe my peace or rather a fool to let myself be hit a second time.

some mistake politeness for weakness, others mistake initial trust for perpetual loyalty, others mistake justified reaction for hypocrisy.

after you have spent a lifetime spewing bile, do not be perplexed when your obit is vile. how many families has this guy destroyed? how many young gay teens have been driven out of their families and into the streets? how many have committed suicide because of the likes of this s.o.b.?

this is not hypocracy talking. this is the sound of disgust. how convenient to try to dismiss an argument by mislabeling it. what the people here are expressing is not hypocritical at all. it is simply critique.

as to the just reward for the likes of a dead falwell, i would wish only that if there is an afterlife that falwell's eyes & heart be opened to all the pain in this world that he helped cause. as to what he is able to do with that is none of my concern.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
how many have committed suicide because of the likes of this s.o.b.?

What does his mother have to do with this? I think we have all learned something about you. You attack his mother as a bitch, yet I'm sure you've never even met her! Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!

You right wing frauds make me laugh. If it was Bin Laden who died you'd be falling all over yourselves frothing at the mouth and hurling the same kind of invective.

Would Bin Laden deserve respect? Hell, no. And neither does Falwell.
The world is just better off without some people.

You hypocrites.

youbet said:
What does his mother have to do with this? I think we have all learned something about you. You attack his mother as a bitch, yet I'm sure you've never even met her! Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!

ubet, i have never profited from my opinions nor made myself a public character open to that kind of critique. unless you are a complete idiot, you know very well that my use of the term s.o.b. had nothing at all to do with falwell's mother. your comment about my mom is nothing less than incredibly crass.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
ubet, i have never profited from my opinions nor made myself a public character open to that kind of critique. unless you are a complete idiot, you know very well that my use of the term s.o.b. had nothing at all to do with falwell's mother. your comment about my mom is nothing less than incredibly crass.

I made no comment about your mother. I asked why you brought Falwells's mother into the discussion and how you would like your mother spoken of in the same sense. I am deeply against bringing family into these types of discussions and am deeply disappointed you chose to do so.

youbet said:
I made no comment about your mother. I asked why you brought Falwells's mother into the discussion and how you would like your mother spoken of in the same sense. I am deeply against bringing family into these types of discussions and am deeply disappointed you chose to do so.

youbet said:
Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!

youbet said:
Perhaps we should direct the discussion at your recently dead mother? Bitch? Yes, bitch indeed!

youbet said:

youbet said:

evidently you are not as deeply anything but maybe full of crap.

I think you've got the point. Let's leave family out of these discussions.

alphabet soup said:
You right wing frauds make me laugh. If it was Bin Laden who died you'd be falling all over yourselves frothing at the mouth and hurling the same kind of invective.

Would Bin Laden deserve respect? Hell, no. And neither does Falwell.
The world is just better off without some people.

You hypocrites.

Did Falwell kill 5000 people?

youbet said:

youbet said:

youbet said:

as i already said, the s.o.b. term had nothing to do with his mother. so obviously you were just and continue attacking for your own no good reasons. why don't you just take your point and shove it up your, well, lets face it. nothing in god's good universe is thin enough to fit there.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
as i already said, the s.o.b. term had nothing to do with his mother. so obviously you were just and continue attacking for your own no good reasons. why don't you just take your point and shove it up your, well, lets face it. nothing in god's good universe is thin enough to fit there.

So its ok for you to do it but not ok for someone else? Wow double standard there sweetcakes.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
as i already said, the s.o.b. term had nothing to do with his mother.

Then direct your comments at him and not at him being the son of a "bitch." Perhaps, unthinkingly, you just used the term "sob" as a general put down. But, think about it, why bring someone's mother into it? Why use a term to critique someone that includes another, unknown by you, person?

I'm quite thick skinned (obviously, since I receive a ton of mean spirited attacks here) about various comments on this board. But I do draw the line at drawing family into the discourse.

Why not simply use some other disparaging term than "sob" if you don't actually mean you think the person referred to is the son of a "bitch?"

Mwsinron said:
So its ok for you to do it but not ok for someone else? Wow double standard there sweetcakes.

ubet attacked me based on her misunderstanding that i attacked falwell's mother which i most certainly did not. s.o.b. is a generic term having nothing to do with anyone's mother. it was completely wrong for ubet to bring my mother into this argument just to make her point about how she feels about family. and if she has read anything i've ever written, she knows how strongly i feel about family and she would never have attacked in that way. so there must be other motive at work. she could not have been more wrong to try to characterize me in that way as a stepping stone for her own agenda.

i think i once wrote that i will not take being sucker punched lying down. what here do you see, mwsinron, that i have done that i have said no one should do? and the next time you call me sweetcakes, you buy me dinner first.

edit: ubet, i had no idea you are thick skinned, i had no idea you've been attacked. as i write, i try to keep in mind the audience who might read what i have written but as i am not omniscient, it would be quite difficult for me to know what particular word might set someone off. had i known i could haved used the world bastard instead of s.o.b. but then maybe bastard would have set someone else off. i guess someone else might have thought that i didn't think his mother was married when she birthed the s.o.b. (relax, it's just three letters, not a reference to his mother, not even a word.)

knowing now what set you off, i do apologize for the rectal reference. but your misunderstanding does not give you permission to make a personal attack on me. while i might challenge someone's ideas, i don't believe that before you defiled the good memory of my mother that i ever personally attacked you. apparently unknown to mwsinron, i expect similar treatment.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
s.o.b. is a generic term having nothing to do with anyone's mother.

Lots or hurtful, mean spirited terms, turn out to be inappropriate. Attack Falwell if you wish, but why not use terms that do not depend on the status of his mother as a bitch to baseline his status in your mind?

Enough of this. I've read literally dozens and dozens of your posts and will gladly believe that your choice of words, although thoughtless and inappropriate, was not an attack on Falwell's family, who I consider out of bounds until shown to be guilty on their own account. I feel this way about everyone's family members.

Peace.

youbet

Mwsinron.
As a fellow unstable poster, thanks for adding "unstableness" to this thread.

Gosh, what a miserable thread. Posters revealing "true" self because a right-wing preacher died. I was not in the US since 1990 so he is not very familiar to me but the out pouring of hatred in the posts and gleeful joy at his death, wow, kinda sickening.

I do not disagree with Bin Laden with regards to his vision of Muslim (Islamic) disagreements on the West's infringement on Islamic countries.

Likewise, I don't harbor many grudges against the opposed views of right wing Christians. I am agnostic so none of this enrages me to the point of spewing hatred.

But comparing Falwell (unless I missed his call to mass suicide attacks) to Bin Laden is like comparing Martin Luther to Hitler. How embarrassing for that poster is now revealed terribly for who they really are. Can they even post here again with any respect? Gosh, what a sad thread.

And all the other dancing and joyous death posts from posters with handicapped children, dying or senile parents, etc. How can anyone enjoy the death of another so happily to take time to put it into posterity.

I've never liked cats, but seeing one die is still sad to me. Guess, hatred can be an elixor. Enjoy the death, you deserve it.

OldAgePensioner said:
Mwsinron.
As a fellow unstable poster, thanks for adding "unstableness" to this thread.

Gosh, what a miserable thread. Posters revealing "true" self because a right-wing preacher died. I was not in the US since 1990 so he is not very familiar to me but the out pouring of hatred in the posts and gleeful joy at his death, wow, kinda sickening.

I do not disagree with Bin Laden with regards to his vision of Muslim (Islamic) disagreements on the West's infringement on Islamic countries.

Likewise, I don't harbor many grudges against the opposed views of right wing Christians. I am agnostic so none of this enrages me to the point of spewing hatred.

But comparing Falwell (unless I missed his call to mass suicide attacks) to Bin Laden is like comparing Martin Luther to Hitler. How embarrassing for that poster is now revealed terribly for who they really are. Can they even post here again with any respect? Gosh, what a sad thread.

And all the other dancing and joyous death posts from posters with handicapped children, dying or senile parents, etc. How can anyone enjoy the death of another so happily to take time to put it into posterity.

I've never liked cats, but seeing one die is still sad to me. Guess, hatred can be an elixor. Enjoy the death, you deserve it.

Right you cant compare one guy who put down American citizens . With one ******* who killed over 5000. Not apples to apples. Its more like figs to ****en watermelons.

Mwsinron said:
Right you cant compare one guy who put down American citizens . With one ******* who killed over 5000. Not apples to apples. Its more like figs to ****en watermelons.

Ah, but Fox News has no problem condemning, and we have no problem jailing, Muslim Imams who "encurage muslim youth to wage jihad" on the western world. Yet Fallwell waged jihad on a large portion of Americans. The point is, many people feel his actions worked only to hurt people and this country, and are not sad to see him gone. Those of you quick to jump on this feeling as hypocricy, well, there is nothing to prevent people from only taking what they want from a conversation because it fits their world view. If you didn't see that Jerry was adding hate to the world before he died, you certianly won't see that now.

Laurence said:
Ah, but Fox News has no problem condemning, and we have no problem jailing, Muslim Imams who "encurage muslim youth to wage jihad" on the western world. Yet Fallwell waged jihad on a large portion of Americans. The point is, many people feel his actions worked only to hurt people and this country, and are not sad to see him gone. Those of you quick to jump on this feeling as hypocricy, well, there is nothing to prevent people from only taking what they want from a conversation because it fits their world view. If you didn't see that Jerry was adding hate to the world before he died, you certianly won't see that now.

Cripes man the spell checkeeer is fairlly easy to use befoe yus go rantoing offs at us. If you are too ignorant to see the comparison then shut the **** up for crying out loud.

Mwsinron said:
Cripes man the spell checker is fairly easy to use befoe yus go ranting offs at us

Yes, I'm a terrible speller, and too lazy to open Word as this browser doesn't have the Google utility installed....but isn't the attack the spelling of the poster thing played out at this point?

Laurence said:
Ah, but Fox News has no problem condemning, and we have no problem jailing, Muslim Imams who "encourage Muslim youth to wage jihad" on the western world. Yet Fallwell waged jihad on a large portion of Americans. The point is, many people feel his actions worked only to hurt people and this country, and are not sad to see him gone. Those of you quick to jump on this feeling as hypocrisy, well, there is nothing to prevent people from only taking what they want from a conversation because it fits their world view. If you didn't see that Jerry was adding hate to the world before he died, you certainly won't see that now.

Laurence - I can certainly understand the anger about this man's teachings. I don't agree with any of them. Comparing them to Muslim imams who advocate the death of all Americans is so far of a stretch that I think it makes you look a little silly however.

Having disagreements with a person's teachings does not make it right to gloat and celebrate the fact that a man died (at least in my book). You may not be religious, but in MY heart I have to believe that the creator looks down with severe disdain on anybody who celebrates another man's death. As for Khan's comment that they should be happy that he's headed to heaven. While they might believe that, you should know that most grieving is for those left behind, not those that died.

As for the commend on UBL and how all of us "right wingers" will be celebrating. when a man is a direct threat to humanity, he should be put down. That doesn't mean I would see any joy in it.

All religious extremists and yes Falwell was an extremist are and were dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom