JIF Peanut Butter Recall 5/20/22 for Salmonella

I just got the following email from Jif.

"YOUR COUPON SHOULD ARRIVE SOON

Coupons should arrive via postal mail in the next few weeks."

I got one of the lots of peanut butter that was involved in the recall. I haven't heard from them as yet.

They had me fill out a form online, enter my name, address, email address, etc. on their website, then send an email saying they will snail mail you a paper coupon? In a few weeks?

Really? Why can't they send you a coupon to your phone to be scanned at checkout? Or email an image of a coupon you can print?

I got the email a couple days ago. As of yesterday, there wasn't any Jif on the shelf at the local Walmart.

Really? Why can't they send you a coupon to your phone to be scanned at checkout? Or email an image of a coupon you can print?

I'd guess they're counting on some percentage of people losing the printed coupon, tossing it because it gets mistaken for junk mail, or forgetting about it until it's expired.

Anyone receives, coupon from Jiff yet? Not a big deal but just wondering if an email went to my junk mail on me. Sounded like from the email it should have happened already.

Thanks

Anyone receives, coupon from Jiff yet? Not a big deal but just wondering if an email went to my junk mail on me. Sounded like from the email it should have happened already.

Thanks
Nothing yet. JIF said coupons would arrive via regular mail.

Thanks

Didn't your local supermarket give you a refund for your Jif purchases? I went to the Pick N Save with my 5 jars(one almost half empty). They looked up the UPC numbers to verify it was part of recall and immediately gave me a full refund. Took 2 minutes, no problems.

Eating Skippy. It's OK, not quite as good as Jif (IMO), but acceptable.

Didn't apply for Jif coupons but it sounds like their value will be inflated to nearly nothing by the time they are distributed.

I have no idea where I got my JIF that is at issue - where do I return it?

I have no idea where I got my JIF that is at issue - where do I return it?

I suppose you could try to return it to the grocery store you frequent the most. Without a receipt you might get lucky and they will refund your money.

Otherwise you might need to go to the Jif recall website and register to receive a coupon for free peanut butter. Have the jar nearby because they are going to want to know the date and lot number from the label on the jar.

When is Jiff coming back? Skippy is WAY to salty and this natural Ted’s stuff is so thin.

Brought my jars back to Hannafords (no receipt) and they gave me store gift card for the value.

Didn't your local supermarket give you a refund for your Jif purchases? I went to the Pick N Save with my 5 jars(one almost half empty). They looked up the UPC numbers to verify it was part of recall and immediately gave me a full refund. Took 2 minutes, no problems.

No sure if they did give a refund on the spot or not. A small private owned market in small town so maybe they didn't.

Not a big deal if I didn't get a refund but thought about it the other day.

I suppose you could try to return it to the grocery store you frequent the most. Without a receipt you might get lucky and they will refund your money.

Otherwise you might need to go to the Jif recall website and register to receive a coupon for free peanut butter. Have the jar nearby because they are going to want to know the date and lot number from the label on the jar.

Thanks, I'll try calling them. If it were only one jar, I'd forget it, but I must have 6 of the "giant" jars. (We eat a lot of PB&J sammiches!) Aloha

When is Jiff coming back? Skippy is WAY to salty and this natural Ted’s stuff is so thin.

Brought my jars back to Hannafords (no receipt) and they gave me store gift card for the value.

Yeah, DW thinks I'm crazy (probably am, but not about Jiff vs Skippy - or, as I call them Jip vs Skimpy.) I REALLY prefer Jiff better. Maybe Sam and Ella work on the production line and that's what makes it so good. Returning you now...

We buy peanut butter based on added sugar content. Sometimes the store brand has zero added sugar and is the lowest price. Double score!

We buy peanut butter based on added sugar content. Sometimes the store brand has zero added sugar and is the lowest price. Double score!

Sadly, I prefer the kind with sugar in it. I suppose I could add some, but that seems "wrong.":blush:

Have any of you tried peanut butter that is only ground roasted peanuts and salt?

They add sugar and hydrogenated seed oils to the regular peanut butter brands. Those additives aren’t good for you.

Is it maybe a nostalgia thing? Something you grew up with?

Have any of you tried peanut butter that is only ground roasted peanuts and salt?

They add sugar and hydrogenated seed oils to the regular peanut butter brands. Those additives aren’t good for you.

That is exactly what we prefer and buy. Sugar in peanut butter is a no no.

Yes, I've tried the "good" stuff and do no care for it at all. Again, sadly, my taste buds have been trained to enjoy things that are bad for me. At my age, it's probably too late to change. YMMV

Still waiting for Jif to reappear in our local Costco and Sam's Club. Or the supermarket for that matter. Not sure what the continuing problems are and I live in Lexington 4 miles from the Smuckers facility.

Jif is our favorite and DW is ready to forgive them. We we're working in the garden on the afternoon the recall was announced. I had read about it but forgot to check our inventory. DW started complaining about abdominal pain and then said, "OMG, I just s*** my pants!" Ugh oh.

Me:. "Did you eat peanut butter for breakfast?". Answer:. "I just opened a new jar from Costco this morning. Why?"

Rough next 36 hours but not the worst food poisoning ever. Costco of course provided a refund. I will check our date codes immediately next time I hear of a recall!

Jif was finally back on the shelves at the local grocery store. It was way too expensive so I continued buying the store brand that I had switched to during the recall. It's a little salty but way less expensive than Jif so I won't switch back to Jif unless there is a really good sale. Currently it is 10 cents an ounce compared to almost 18 cents per ounce.

Unhealthy refined seed oils are also added to make the peanut butter “no stir”.

I tried the "stir peanut butter" once. I will never try it again. I don't care if it's less healthy, i'm eating the good stuff. Even the less tasty store brand is much better than the stir stuff IMO.

To me the no-stir sweetened peanut butter tastes awful.

To each his own, obviously.

I have a 28oz JIF crunchy peanut butter that falls within the recall range. We have eaten about 75% of the jar, but thankfully have not got sick. I'll throw out the bit that's left, and fill out the form online for reimbursement.

We also have a 28oz JIF creamy peanut butter that does not fall within the recall. We haven't even opened that one yet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom