Jimmy Buffett Concert Advice?

Settlement on our home sale tomorrow (knock on wood) then Buffett Saturday. This is kinda like the final step in letting go of our old life.

Congratulations on the house sale! Put on your Hawaiian shirts and enjoy the concert !

I saw him way back in the 70's, the Margaritaville tour. He put on a fun show even though he had just broken his leg and was in a cast. So he sat on a stool all night long but got all of us to dance and sing along.
I remember that show in '78 or '79, where he adlibbed new lyrics to "Son of a Sailor": "This cast is no blast and it's comin' off fast, it feels like I'm pullin' a trailer..."

Settlement on our home sale tomorrow (knock on wood) then Buffett Saturday. This is kinda like the final step in letting go of our old life.
Gosh, those ticket prices are getting pretty high!

I remember that show in '78 or '79, where he adlibbed new lyrics to "Son of a Sailor": "This cast is no blast and it's comin' off fast, it feels like I'm pullin' a trailer..."

Heh!

My first "big name" concert was Steppenwolf in 1970. Had seats on row M; cost was $5.50...

Heh!

My first "big name" concert was Steppenwolf in 1970. Had seats on row M; cost was $5.50...
Great first big name band. Must have been a good show.

If you can remember where you sat, then you either saved your ticket stubs or you weren't doing it right!

Originally Posted by Purron

Went to settlement today and everything went well!! Funny you mentioned the ticket prices Nords. What we paid for the Buffett concert tickets was pretty close to what we paid for a full month's rent on our first apartment back in the 70s.

We’re so happy to be down to one paid for, but albeit, modest home and looking forward to seeing the dude tomorrow. Party on :dance:

Jimmy Buffett Son Of A Son of A Sailor - YouTube

Hope you enjoyed the show. Should be a great time..

Hope you enjoyed the show. Should be a great time..

It was fantastic! Jimmy sure does know how to put on a show. Our Parrot Head friends got the tickets and we were only 5 seats from the stage in a venue that holds 25,000 including the lawn. They go every year and know how to get good seats.

After the concert, we were worn out from the day which began at about 3pm for the pre show tail gate parties and ended with getting back to their place around midnight. Took a dip in their pool and felt refreshed enough to continue the party until 2am. Jimmy would have been proud :dance:

It was fantastic! Jimmy sure does know how to put on a show. Our Parrot Head friends got the tickets and we were only 5 seats from the stage in a venue that holds 25,000 including the lawn. They go every year and know how to get good seats.

After the concert, we were worn out from the day which began at about 3pm for the pre show tail gate parties and ended with getting back to their place around midnight. Took a dip in their pool and felt refreshed enough to continue the party until 2am. Jimmy would have been proud :dance:

Now I'm envious:)

Well...??

Try not to trip over one of these...;)

alg_salt_shaker.jpg

yells "salt, salt, SALT!" everytime he mentions it in Margaritaville.

You beat me to the punch Purron. Instead of writing a lengthy post I clicked on the link and watched the waves. Thanks.

As an aside, I was once discussing the song with my 30+ YO son and he had no idea what a "pop top" was. He was thinking that it was just a throw-away line. I stepped on hundreds of them at Daytona Beach back in the day...

I think Nords might appreciate this. At the end of the concert when we were leaving the venue, they played this. Jimmy must love it as much as I do :)

For top ten song, this would be one.:dance:

I think Nords might appreciate this. At the end of the concert when we were leaving the venue, they played this. Jimmy must love it as much as I do :)
OFFICIAL Somewhere over the Rainbow - Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo
Jimmy's been a big booster of local artists (not that Braddah Iz needed the boost). He's toured with Jake Shimabukuro over the last few years, including his last show here, and our local airwaves still carry a version of a classic Hawaiian melody backed up with Coral Reefer harmonica. It gives it an interesting style.

I didn't know anything about Iz until we moved here in 1989, and his popularity here was just starting to hit the Mainland. However our daughter has known his music her entire life, and of course she feels obligated to propagate her culture. Iz covered of a lot of pop & country songs besides "Over the Rainbow" by personalizing them to local culture. For example he sings "Country Roads" by changing some of the lyrics to Mt. Ka'ala and Makaha.

When our daughter got to college, one day she indignantly reported home that some hick named John Denver had ripped off Iz's song. Then she was even more mortified to find out that it was the other way around, and that John Denver was popular when I was her age. I think she's still a little traumatized...

If you can remember where you sat, then you either saved your ticket stubs or you weren't doing it right!

I do have quite a few ticket stubs in the collection, though regrettably that's not one of them. But I was fifteen, and still a newby...

Back
Top Bottom