July 4, 1976- Where were you?

We were invited to a big BBQ at the next door neighbors. Wife ate a bunch of ribs and went into labor. Our first-born (daughter) was born at 12:05 am--missed being a July 4th baby by 5 minutes. Still blame that 'hot' sauce for kicking things off a little early.

About to become a wink in my parents' eyes in a few more years. Sorry I missed the big party :-\ Maybe I'll make it to 96 years old and see the tricentennial. From my flying car.

I had just graduated from college and was starting my first job located on the gulf coast. I remember going to a fireworks show at the beach. Pretty neat show.

Well, after several days of introspection I'm forced to admit that I have no idea what I was doing then. I was 15 years old at the time, getting ready for my junior year of high school, and very few of my teenage traumas experiences actually transformed themselves into long-term fantasies memories. Spouse suggested that I call a few old girlfriends, but I've been married far too long to fall into that rookie trap.

However I bet my efforts on that date involved chasing explosives, alcohol, girls, dark corners, or some combination of the above.

dory36 said:
Here's a snapshot from the trip... this guy should have retired early himself, like the army guy!
Yeah, but I bet they pinned a really really nice award to the sheets of his hospital bed...

Spent the day at the Oakland Naval Medical Center where my stepson was recovering from brain surgery. He had suffered a depressed skull fracture when another kid threw something at him...it was touch and go for a while, but he did recover. Not a pleasant memory of our 200th anniversary!

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Theres some DIRT thats lolita to you! :LOL:

Hmmm, is that an indirect insult Fuzz?  Watch it or I'll whip (look at Ouchy the clown avatar) your cottontail into submission. :D

cube_rat said:
Watch it or I'll whip (look at Ouchy the clown avatar) your cottontail into submission. :D
Cube, what kind of a workplace environment provokes you to find avatars like that one?

I sure hope it's the workplace, because I'd hate to think that's what you do for fun in the evenings/weekends...

cube_rat said:
Hmmm, is that an indirect insult Fuzz? Watch it or I'll whip (look at Ouchy the clown avatar) your cottontail into submission. :D

Hmmm.... Okay? what do I have to do to spur this on?

Nords said:
Cube, what kind of a workplace environment provokes you to find avatars like that one?

The same one that provokes me to find a Rhino wearing a thong. :p

Just getting over the high of celebrating my first Birthday.

cube_rat said:
The same one that provokes me to find a Rhino wearing a thong.  :p
Like I said, as long as it's occupational & not recreational!

Age 21... Probably at the local fireworks celebration, under the influence of whatever was handy... :eek:

Age 2. At annual family picnic/reunion on Lake Ontario.

Carrying my 3-month-old daughter in a Snugli at the Lexington, MA parade. Met President Ford.

You know, I almost said "I hope he didnt trip into you and mosh the baby" but I decided the "clumsy ford" jokes would fly over most peoples head... :LOL:

Ford fell down some stairs and after seeing the action, Chevy Chase decided to stay retired and not return to do clumsy openings for SNL.

At least he never crushed a baby in a Snugli, or had his poop shipped back from a foreign country.

A lot younger, much "dumber" (E.R. related), and just trying to get by....

Boy, 30 years is a long time, both in years, and maturity.  If I make it another 30 (I doubt it, to age 88), I'll probably look back and think "what if"....

- Ron

Don't remember. Probably a clue right there.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
or had his poop shipped back from a foreign country.

The Ford stuff I remember, but this? DH says it sounds like Michael Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom