Just "Drop By" the Dealer........:)

Don't know much about the service end of the business. I was too busy helping people buy stuff.:D

Take a look a the new lifetime PT warranty offered by Chrysler. Quality is getting better, which is a good thing. The only thing is that the PT is not usually the problem. Mostly electricial gremlins and things like that. But over all cars are better today for the most part.

:D
Don't know much about the service end of the business. I was too busy helping people buy stuff.:D

Take a look a the new lifetime PT warranty offered by Chrysler. Quality is getting better, which is a good thing. The only thing is that the PT is not usually the problem. Mostly electricial gremlins and things like that. But over all cars are better today for the most part.

I agree, all cars are better. However,I think Chrysler missed the boat, because it doesn't transfer to the 2nd owner. I think if they extended the bumper to bumper to 6/60, and also the PT lifetime up to TWO owners, they would be the bomb.........

"Owners who drop in for vehicle service had satisfaction scores averaging 882 out of a possible 1,000 points, while those with scheduled appointments averaged 874 points".

So there's a 1% difference in satisfaction reported? Ex-Service Manager honey's first take on that is that it is purely a matter of expectations, as the article reports.

Well FD, think of it this way. Do you think Chrysler is trying to please people who buy used cars. They are in the business of selling new cars and could care less about the 2nd owners.

Well FD, think of it this way. Do you think Chrysler is trying to please people who buy used cars. They are in the business of selling new cars and could care less about the 2nd owners.

Sounds like the "Big 3" mentality...........:D

However, they should know that the 10/100,000 warranties on Audis and VW's transfer up to 3 owners, the Hyundai and Kias transfer to 2 owners, etc...........;)

I agree, but very few new car buyers are worried about selling the car at some point. Most folks think they'll keep the car forever and are just worried about the warranty period for themselves.

Extended warranties on the other hand will be transferable I'm sure, so you need to get one. ;)

I agree, but very few new car buyers are worried about selling the car at some point. Most folks think they'll keep the car forever and are just worried about the warranty period for themselves.

Extended warranties on the other hand will be transferable I'm sure, so you need to get one. ;)

No thanks, I just canceled one on my sister's Audi because I sold it. It was a 60/60,000 powertrain only, (vehicle had 19500 at delivery) and she paid $1800 plus tax for it 4 years ago.

Interesting, all the work she had done on the audi was due to air bag sensors, etc, NOT the engine or transmission...........:p

I quit buying warranties when I quit buying domestic cars.........wonder why :confused::confused::D

So if you bought a Range Rover you wouldn't buy the warranty. Yeah right!

I have no idea, but it's not a domestic so maybe FD would.

Sorry, tired............I meant JAPANESE imports, like HONDA and TOYOTA and yes, even HYUNDAI............:D

Back
Top Bottom